King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

He's a businessman. Not a developer. How does a developer function the way he has? Their Customer Service is comprised of one person. LOL.

A "lavish" businessman...the man who came in for my valuation said he did some work for Lamb (his own properties and his family's) and stated that Lamb lives large lol. I didn't say we had to like the closing costs, but at this point, there is nothing we can really do. On a positive note, my realtor says that it is a great property and no one will have any problems selling...AND no one has to purchase another Lamb product if they don't want to:)

He's a businessman. Not a developer. How does a developer function the way he has? Their Customer Service is comprised of one person. LOL.

the experience of purchasing has been drawn out and quite poor i agree yet what keeps me optimistic now that it is complete is it is a great building in a great location and it has appreciated substantially already and is very sellable........over the next couple of years the building will shake out and those who speculated and those who are dissatisfied will sell and the continued development in the immediate area will make our units appreciate more

Been following this for a little while, lots of interesting info, thanks for the candid comments from those who have purchased here, best of luck with whatever you choose to do with your unit. I have a question for those who have purchased:

Give your experience here, ignoring price (that's another issue altogether), would you purchase another Lamb project? Or even another pre con project for that matter? I've been thinking about one for a little while but I just keep hearing horror story after horror story from various people and projects (not just exclusive to Lamb)

I feel like this thread should certainly serve as a cautionary tale for those considering a pre con unit (as an investment or end use). Seems like more and more BS with developers upon closing than even say 5-6 years ago. Lots of nickel and dime-ing, cutting corners, horrible customer service (which in this day and age seems to unfortunately seem to be the norm)

Again best of luck to those in this transition period.

Been following this for a little while, lots of interesting info, thanks for the candid comments from those who have purchased here, best of luck with whatever you choose to do with your unit. I have a question for those who have purchased:

Give your experience here, ignoring price (that's another issue altogether), would you purchase another Lamb project? Or even another pre con project for that matter? I've been thinking about one for a little while but I just keep hearing horror story after horror story from various people and projects (not just exclusive to Lamb)

I feel like this thread should certainly serve as a cautionary tale for those considering a pre con unit (as an investment or end use). Seems like more and more BS with developers upon closing than even say 5-6 years ago. Lots of nickel and dime-ing, cutting corners, horrible customer service (which in this day and age seems to unfortunately seem to be the norm)

it gets harder and harder and longer too to make a good decision re buying pre con.closing costs will rise.if you buy one condo you will find the process the second time much easier vis a vis expectations.lamb builds good buildings in good locations his pricingis a bit high but if you can put up with his companys obvious customer service deficiencies you will do well.........certainly not for the faint of heart to buy a pre con.you can never ignore price ever!

My advice - Don't buy LAMB - I understand the dynamic around pre-con has changed given the release of so many projects in the last few years, but contrary to popular belief, there are developers who conduct business with integrity and full-disclosure. Lamb is not one of them. Just be sure to be vigilant around your research, and trust your instinct and the opinions of others with experience in this regard.

the experience of purchasing has been drawn out and quite poor i agree yet what keeps me optimistic now that it is complete is it is a great building in a great location and it has appreciated substantially already and is very sellable........over the next couple of years the building will shake out and those who speculated and those who are dissatisfied will sell and the continued development in the immediate area will make our units appreciate more

Problem is I was more interested in purchasing a home than an investment property. The construction company 59 is the biggest problem of all. They're downright terrible. I look at Brant Park and King Charlotte which are being constructed by 59 and fear for those people who bought there. Good luck.

If Lamb uses a better company like he has in other projects he will be much better off. He still has his own issues, but what pisses people off the most is the finished product which is just not good enough.

I will NEVER purchase a new construction Lamb project. No bloody way. Resale? Perhaps. Glas and Parc are nice buildings....I wouldn't buy anything done by 59Project Management company new or resale.

Would I buy new in general? I don't think so. I have bought new several times and I just can't go through the whole process again. It's a very long and arduous process even with the best builders....and now new construction is so severely overpriced you might as well go resale.

There is a lot of cutting corners. I've walked through units that were in various states of construction and you'd be surprised at what I have seen. It's all about getting the place finished so the owner can occupy and start paying the builder. There are some builders that do things the right way though..but they are few and far between.

Not enough protection for the purchaser.

My advice - Don't buy LAMB - I understand the dynamic around pre-con has changed given the release of so many projects in the last few years, but contrary to popular belief, there are developers who conduct business with integrity and full-disclosure. Lamb is not one of them. Just be sure to be vigilant around your research, and trust your instinct and the opinions of others with experience in this regard.

I could not stress this enough. Stick with the bigger builders like Tridel, Daniels, Monarch, Menkes, Great Gulf, Concert. Stay away from Lanterra, Camrost, Beaverbrook, Urbancorp(terrible), Concorde, etc.

I'm totally with you...luv my condo despite all the bs we have had to go through...everyone who comes over doesn't want to leave and my realtor as well as many others also feel that it is a great investment.

I'm totally with you...luv my condo despite all the bs we have had to go through...everyone who comes over doesn't want to leave and my realtor as well as many others also feel that it is a great investment.

I wish I could say the same thing. I get:

"that bulkhead is really crooked"
"Why do your walls look like that?"
"They just left it like that?"

These things can be fixed, but I'm not a fan of the workmanship in my unit at least. Begging to have things fixed is a huge pain point for me.

Anyone have figures on sold units in the building? I'd like to know how much units are actually being sold for.

I wish I could say the same thing. I get:

"that bulkhead is really crooked"
"Why do your walls look like that?"
"They just left it like that?"

These things can be fixed, but I'm not a fan of the workmanship in my unit at least. Begging to have things fixed is a huge pain point for me.

Anyone have figures on sold units in the building? I'd like to know how much units are actually being sold for.

the evaluation from the mortgage company put 617 square foot in my report

and as soon as i registered for my tarion 30 day inspection and paid my 250 for that i was getting service left right and center and my list is done .tarion inspection cancelled

and as soon as i registered for my tarion 30 day inspection and paid my 250 for that i was getting service left right and center and my list is done .tarion inspection cancelled

and i got my air con fixed ala the notice in elevator works well now

Back