Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

If you're trying to say that you don't think that this building needs to offer any parking owing to it's location, then it would be clearer just to say that!

So, is that what you mean to say?

Older, but yet unseen:

northyonge-planningframework (1)_Page_079.jpg

northyonge-planningframework (1)_Page_080.jpg

northyonge-planningframework (1)_Page_082.jpg

Attachments

• northyonge-planningframework (1)_Page_079.jpg
    northyonge-planningframework (1)_Page_079.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 791
  • northyonge-planningframework (1)_Page_080.jpg
    northyonge-planningframework (1)_Page_080.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 759
  • northyonge-planningframework (1)_Page_082.jpg
    northyonge-planningframework (1)_Page_082.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 754
Last edited by a moderator:
/\ I'm also not sure why the image from 460 is re-posting here. It's not in the script of my thread response but appears in the thread anyways. Mods?

The original parking garage aesthetics is definitely a dodged bullet IMO. Quite liked the treatment for the south tower podium under the second scheme - very elegant.

re: renderings

These are mainly intended to communicate scale and materiality - not photorealism (much less hyperrealism that is real estate promo renders that has about as much honesty as, I don't know, photos for fast food ads?)

AoD

I absolutely agree!... but I don't expect much anymore with Toronto!... those bureaucrats in the three levels of government... you cannot expect this city to become one of the first class cities in the world anymore!... I can only inspire with awe about NYC, Dubai, Singapore, Hongkong, Sydney, Melbourne, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Tokyo, San Francisco, LA, and what have you.... Toronto with those kind of politicians in the government will never be like these great cities! Sad ;(

I absolutely agree!... but I don't expect much anymore with Toronto!... those bureaucrats in the three levels of government... you cannot expect this city to become one of the first class cities in the world anymore!... I can only inspire with awe about NYC, Dubai, Singapore, Hongkong, Sydney, Melbourne, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Tokyo, San Francisco, LA, and what have you.... Toronto with those kind of politicians in the government will never be like these great cities! Sad ;(

ARGHHHH! And the world ends at three o'clock this afternoon. Did someone poop in your morning cereal? Just think, you could live in Buffalo, St. Louis, Winnipeg, Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, Rochester, Liverpool, Sao Paola, etc. etc. Toronto is going to always be Toronto. Love what you have first then get out there and make it a better city for yourself and all of us! Remember the glass is half full. :)

"First class" city requires first class developers...not one that would hire G&C. Can you imagine say a firm in London UK hiring them for a Shard equivalent? Just saying.

And the very fact that you mentioned San Fran is a laughable (let's not even get to Paris, London, etc) - their planning regime known to be extremely restrictive, and their staff would have shredded a proposal like 501 in a blink gave it to the dogs for breakfast. I guess their bureaucrats are just more "world classed" than ours in their ruthlessness.

AoD

Last edited:

Another person who probably never heard the name "Ada Louise Huxtable" before I mentioned her in this post.

Yeah I'm sure the grass is always green on the other sides, you need to go to those cities and see how much the locals there are complaining.

Yeah I'm sure the grass is always green on the other sides, you need to go to those cities and see how much the locals there are complaining.

Or maybe more to the point, if Torbram travelled w/somebody like someone *me* to such cities, *he'd* be doing the complaining because my kind of sophisticated urban exploration and beholding gives him a headache...

Back