Toronto Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

I wouldn't start judging the quality of this design based on these ethereal, faraway, night-time renderings. Recall that this is what it's supposed to look like up close:

Great Gulf has, for the most part, delivered great and different architecture with each of its projects. I'm confident we will get the same here.

for some reason, this 50s is so much shorter than the 58s L tower not too far away, and of similar height as the 45s Spire.

I wish this condo will be golden just like in the rendering! That will be awesome.

Great Gulf sent out an email this morning Feb 22, hopefully we will see a daytime rendering soon...

"Stay tuned for next week's exclusive update, where you can get the first look at our amazing new building rendering. Additionally, keep your eyes open for our latest ad for Yonge+Rich, which will begin running this weekend!"

I've been very impressed with all of Great Gulfs downtown (completed) projects (Hudson, X1, Charlie). Workmanship and finishing is the best I've seen so far.
With the combination of great location and builder; I'm predicting Yonge+Rich will be the best selling project for 2013. I'm batting a perfect 1.000 on all my predictions so far. Lets see if my luck continues.

I haven't gone back through the entire thread, so apologies if someone has already made this point...but "young and rich" has to be the tackiest marketing ploy I've seen yet during Toronto's condo boom. Ick.

I haven't gone back through the entire thread, so apologies if someone has already made this point...but "young and rich" has to be the tackiest marketing ploy I've seen yet during Toronto's condo boom. Ick.

Quite. It manages to be even douchier than the marketing for INDX, which is quite an achievement.

It's not as bad as "Young and Eligible." This is a somewhat distant second, just because some people genuinely do refer to Richmond as "Rich" for short.

Intersection of Yonge and Rich(mond). Makes sense to me.

As for INDX; seems the "douchie" marketing worked, since it was the top selling project of 2012. So much so that even I purchased a unit. ;)

Last edited:
Intersection of Yonge and Rich(mond). Makes sense to me.

As for INDX; seems the "douchie" marketing worked, since it was the top selling project of 2012. So much so that even I purchased a unit. ;)

Except it is not on Yonge st.

I agree this project will likely be a success, considering the unbeatable location as long as it is not priced too high.
It is within 10 minutes walk to most office towers, 10 minutes to St Lawrence Market, and probably 15 minutes to the waterfront and Queen/King West

This particular location doesn't seem to belong to any neighbourhood though. Too far in the north/west to be part of the St Lawrence market area, not exactly part of old town, and not in Moss Park either. It is not IN the financial district either.

I wonder isn't 88 Scott a better location really ? (or just about the same). They seemed to have sold well but not amazing, why would this sell better then that project ?

I wonder isn't 88 Scott a better location really ? (or just about the same). They seemed to have sold well but not amazing, why would this sell better then that project ?

Different products, different target markets, therefore different sell cycles.

Back