Toronto 243 College Street | ?m | 30s | BDP Quadrangle

What a disgrace Toronto's heritage preservation system is if this is allowed to go ahead.

That building is an example of exactly what we should be building, not tearing down in this city. I would support planning initiatives that bias the creation of such buildings at the expense of both low-rise and high-rise construction. Example: tax the hell out of anything below 3 storeys and above 10, give tax breaks to anything between 3 and 10 storeys.

I agree TrickyRicky. I'd love to see a shift away from high rise development (except in the case of parking lot infill in the downtown core) to mid rise development on our main streets.

this building is where the provincial liberals work out of, I heard the top floor or two are extremely ritzy entire floor condo units that a cetrain hockey player lives in (all of this gossip of course).

You sure you aren't thinking of the building beside the red brick 5 story office building ? That building isn't being touched as far as I'm aware ?

You sure you aren't thinking of the building beside the red brick 5 story office building ? That building isn't being touched as far as I'm aware ?

These are 2 separate projects adjacent to each other on this block. This proposal, 243 College, affects the brick warehouse building.

These are 2 separate projects adjacent to each other on this block. This proposal, 243 College, affects the brick warehouse building.

That is correct. 243 is a separate project from 245.

Back