Toronto 4 The Kingsway | ?m | 8s | North Drive | Richard Wengle

In an ideal world, the garbage spewed forth in that fawning promo bumf would not be enough to sway potential retirees into a building as poor as this, much less one which destroys the beautiful mid-century walk up which currently occupies the site.

While I'd welcome something less conservative, I warmed up to the prospect of a new flatiron. Opportunities for flatirons are too often missed in this city. I hope that a new proposal will still go for the flatiron shape.

Good architecture would stick out like a sore thumb here. All of the recent Kingsway/Old Mill area construction has been historicky pastichetecture, so good luck to us all!

Additionally, stone and brick can be incorporated into a modern design that doesn't resort to pastiche.

http://www.northdrive.ca/

KINGSWAY PARK
An exceptional residential site located in the coveted Kingsway community, Kingsway Park is located at 2800 Bloor West - where the Kingsway meets Bloor West. The development is planned to be released to the public in the Fall of 2013. The development team includes Richard Wengle Architect Inc and Janet Rosenberg+Studio for Landscape Architecture.

Back