Toronto The Milan Condominium | ?m | 37s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects COMPLETE

• Thread starter The Burgher of TO
  • Start date
Ohh gee, a bunch of gibberish trash-talk from a bunch of you......it sure beats what was there before
Great infill and not bad looking:cool:

"Better than what was there before"
"Not bad looking"

These are your qualifiers? (Along with anything referring to "Tall").

C'mon man. Raise your standards. And don't call reasoned critiques "gibberish trash-talk". It really doesn't reflect well on your own opinion-forming process.

Right, its completely silly just to assume any development that fills a parking lot / low rise, is "great for the city".

Having said that, I'm not sure I agree that this is terrible, It'll take more time to tell I think it'll turn out OK. I personally love the orange accent, which it ran all the way up, its the only saving grace in my opinion, a touch of colour is what most projects miss.

It's far too early for me to pass judgement on this project. I like its angles and how it hugs the street, and I don't mind the orange accents. The spandrel doesn't look terrible.

That's your measure of improvement? Better than what was there before?

Actually, "better than what was there before" is the very definition of "improvement".

The old kvetch klub will undoubtedly rail on about this building ad nauseum, just like they did One Bedford. Point being, it's still pretty early to pass judgment on this. Some projects really don't come together until the end.

Not every building will or should be an A+ masterpiece. In any era, most of the buildings put up are quite arguably thought to be derivative or uninspiring or mediocre or so-so. There's a reason infill is called infill. And in any event, some of the most reviled and disparaged buildings can, in time, become beloved. A little perspective is everything.

At best this building may be a B or B-. So far its massing isn't terrible, it makes a significant difference to the intersection, and its streetwall is alright.

Let's see how it grows.

The old kvetch klub will undoubtedly rail on about this building ad nauseum, just like they did One Bedford. Point being, it's still pretty early to pass judgment on this. Some projects really don't come together until the end.

I know, I know. How dare we question banality and the supporters of banality.

I know, I know. How dare we question banality and the supporters of banality.

How telling of you to omit my first line. Clearly you have grudgingly conceded the point.

Anyway, by all means keep on saying that the glass is half empty. Just like you should keep on holding out for that supermodel girlfriend/boyfriend. ;)

img1646bk.jpg

How telling of you to omit my first line. Clearly you have grudgingly conceded the point.

Anyway, by all means keep on saying that the glass is half empty. Just like you should keep on holding out for that supermodel girlfriend/boyfriend. ;)

And you know how it turns out at the end already?

Right.

Finally. This intersection has needed intensification for a while. Now if only we can get rid of that gas station...

This tower is situated right between the Bay Centre Tower and the hotel, so it will poke out between them and add to the Yorkville skyline.

Finally. This intersection has needed intensification for a while. Now if only we can get rid of that gas station...

No way! Gas stations add another layer to a city. Things will get boring in a hurry if we strip away every stitch of city that's not white collar or sanitized. I don't want to live in an open air mall.

Give me office towers and condos, but also give me gas stations, schools, warehouses, factories, fire halls, sports fields, etc.

Last edited:

Back