Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

From about 20 minutes ago

8057923018_54018a6df9_b.jpg

ya the top of uptown didnt turn out like its render at all. it was supose to look similar to the miami towers or whatever thier called with those lines that get out at the top. but uptowns appear to look molded to the top the getting out from it like its renders indicated. and that couldnt have been a cost reason.

Last edited:
I'm falling further and further off the fence and I'm really beginning to hate Aura because all it offers is "big". Beastly, indeed.

I agree. On the one hand, I like the density it's bringing here, but it's not very nice to look at. I pass it every day and I'm trying hard to like what I see, but it looks cheap to me, and it's enormous. I guess we'll just have to wait to see what it looks like when it's done.

Yes, this is just a piece of turd. Its a damn big piece but turd nevertheless. It offers nothing but blank windows and an American chain store that sells shower curtains. There is no architecture here.

Agreed. From the above photo, it looks like the retail floors will feel much more transparent and connected to the street than, say, the retail space at the Eaton Centre or 10 Dundas East. Aura will surely help to animate and enliven this intersection.

That's because caltrane very strategically chose to photograph the 10% of the podium that doesn't look like a giant floating K-Mart.

You guys tend to exaggerate. This tower isn't so bad. I think this will turn out to be a pretty decent tower. No, it won't be spectacular but it will be better than average and it will also help Yonge Street become a bit nicer and more animated.

great pics, someMidTowner! I'm torn on this one....the tower so far is such a massive lump, and yet the way it meets the street is pretty good....

I'm reserving my opinion until we see the curtain wall portion higher up, and when the podium gets finished. Still so much that could make it or break it left.

I really feel that the balcony glass will play a major role in whether this turns out amazing or not, since it will be a huge part of the look of the building with the amount of balconies it contains.

once the curtain wall is done and topped out and balcony glass in place im sure its gonna actually look great

everyone hated on L tower when it first went up now everyone loves it.

time will tell as it goes up

everyone hated on L tower when it first went up now everyone loves it.

i'd say that's debatable. i think the haters gave up on posting in the threads :p
As for L tower, I'm pretty neutral on it.

Aura is looking great at street level. though, i'm still not a huge fan of the scrabble pieces they used and how they look on the Yonge St. Side :( something darker would have looked nicer imo.

Back