Toronto The Britt Condos | 142.03m | 41s | Lanterra | Arcadis

At those prices this thing will not sell. Lanterra and Luxury IMO don't really go together. I saw what they did at One Bedford.

At those prices this thing will not sell. Lanterra and Luxury IMO don't really go together. I saw what they did at One Bedford.

I agree. Lanterra does not do luxury.

This project is basically a mid-tier building with an over-the-top marketing campaign (I live in London and couldn’t stomach the promotional video, very tacky).

The Britt might have succeeded last year, but at this point in the RE cycle, I’d be shocked if they sell more than 20%.

This project will likely get re-launched in 2014/15.

Kind of cheesy. The design isn't BAD but it's for sure nothing original nor a stand out. Room sizes are very small. Like 350 sq ft? That's no different than a standard hotel room. I don't understand how people can live in such small spaces. If I was in a condo living with another person I think a minimum of 600 sq ft would be required and even that is a bit small. Based on the pricing and what Lanterra is offering, I doubt this will get off the ground.

Little did the purchasers know, only facade was to be touched. The hotel rooms Are not to be touched... Complete with the smelly carpet and 20 year old bathrooms.

Nice floor plans....I guess the beauty is that when you want to sleep, there is a bevy of hotels nearby. Brilliant!

Sutton%20Place.jpg

ummmm pardon my french but where the faque is the bed?? haha!! amazing...

Presumably the 4-5ft couch can double as a bed if you fancy the fetal position. For something with a tad more support, the dining table should do nicely. If you so happen to entice a lady-friend over for a nightcap, not having sufficient space to cuddle takes care of that problem.

Its small for a hotel room, I think Trump's hotel rooms 550 sq and new Four Seasons rooms are over 500 sq feet. i can't imagine living in a space that tiny that's under 400 sq! yikes :eek:

I will say that there's something kind of appealing to me about having a living space that small - it would enforce a certain simplicity of lifestyle, and prevent me acquiring all the tchotchkes and flotsam that I tend to accumulate.

(That said, 339 sq. ft. is maybe pushing it. And definitely not in this train-wreck of a retrofit.)

David Letterman did a piece on his show last night where he was mocking some new developments in New York where some of the apartments were 20' x 20'. He couldn't believe how small those units were. That would be 400 square feet and approximately 60 square feet larger than "The Spencer". WTF

Given the scale we're dealing with, they might as well call a suite "The Malkovich"
Being-John-Malkovich-2.jpg

Back