Toronto George Brown College Waterfront Campus | ?m | 8s | George Brown | KPMB

AG:

OCAD is also clad in corrugated sidings, for the record. Besides, are you suggesting that the government should pay more for quality materials to be used in educational buildings?

AoD

Last edited:
Hahaha, Yuck:eek: corrugated siding for our waterfront, how much more below average or a standard can we get.

how about 50 odd stories of uncorrugated sheet metal on Bay Street? you cool with that?

0f8e2e70.jpg

or 40 odd stories of the cheapest window wall on the planet on Yonge St? all good?

c997a344.jpg

I'm ok with investing a little more in the buildings that house our educational institutions, especially ones on the waterfront. These aren't port-a-packs after all! I'm not suggesting gothic spires but these buildings should be made to last and should inspire. I'm not quite sure yet what to think of this particular effort though and will wait a little longer to see how the picture comes together. I can't say I'm loving it thus far.

Then perhaps you should have rephrased your statement, because your preceding statement is clearly a complaint about materials, not design.

AoD

Last edited:
No, what im saying is this type of design is more suited for Richmond Hill or Markham

i know your whole thing is being "Mr. Contrarian" but i'd say your sense of aesthetics is more than a little suspect, given that you're the guy that said this about Trump:

"Yeah, this structure is going to be stunning when complete and lit up...cant wait
And here on this forum, many people are ranting about how during this boom we did not get an iconic building..lol"

I like the application of corrugated siding on this building because I am not ensnared by the stigma of cheapness associated with this building material thanks to my Good Design Goggles.

Back