Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

Given that RAW has already published the design, I doubt that it won the competition, as Concord would probably want to reveal the design itself.

If that is the case, then I hope whatever beat this beautiful design was chosen because it is even better.. and not because it would be cheaper to make or less offensive to boring buyers.

From RAW Design TO

RAW_TO Raw Toronto
@Traavis007 @urban__dreamer @DumitruOnceanu @brad_tor74 Sadly that one won't be coming to life. Maybe next time...

They could never use a design that beautiful. It would stand in unflattering contrast with everything else they built.

I'd be floored if Concord actually went with something that interesting and bold. They'll go with something easy to sell and cheap to build, and surely chock full of spandrel. I'm expecting something exceedingly bland, like a really tall version of Quartz.

Not sure what all the excitement is all about. Aside from a few angles on the profile these look like fairly run of the mill City Place buildings.
The worrying thing is that the podiums are so small, much like the earlier buildings on Bremner. The Spadina elevations seem like an afterthought. I would also expect more of a street wall here.

And of course a single 'signature' tower would be better than two towers crammed onto the site to make it more profitable. That said, I suspect these were all requirements prescribed by the developer so most likely all proposals will have similar elements, just different shapes...

I agree with the widdle kitty, individually the parts aren't bad(for the most part). It's just the sum of all those parts that is banal.

There's a very awkward interface on the corners of the towers where the irregularly clad facade meets the balcony facade - looks poorly designed on that corner.
Otherwise, the massing of the towers looks OK - but I agree that the podium doesn't have enough to form the nucleus of either a Rogers Centre adjacent retail-entertainment complex or even a neighourhood retail complex.
In a way, it needs to provide significant critical retail mass to make up for the areas around it that are devoid of retail (on the Rogers Centre side)

I do like what RAW put out. I personally love that long strip of green space. unfortunately and realistically, they need to put something like the REAL SPorts Bar that Air Canada Centre has. Something double that size just to prove that bigger is always better in this world

They could never use a design that beautiful. It would stand in unflattering contrast with everything else they built.

I was just sent this today, not sure if it pertains to the Signature Tower(s) but the address seems to reflect the location:

511 Bremner Boulevard—Final report recommends council
approve a rezoning application by Aird & Berlis on behalf of
Concord Adex Properties Limited to permit development
of five residential towers--eight, 19, 30, 39 and 41 storeys—
in the railway lands.

New render of the Signature Tower here?

http://www.thestar.com/specialsections/newinhomes35years/article/1215085--concord-adex-is-raising-a-good-point-tower

9a937dab401ab92489fb887e25aa.jpg

Back