Toronto King Portland Centre and Kingly Condos | 57.6m | 15s | Allied | Hariri Pontarini

Thing is that most buyers would not have heard of musee yet, as it hasnt started sales. They would know about context though.

Thing is that most buyers would not have heard of musee yet, as it hasnt started sales. They would know about context though.

I just came back from coffee and can confirm that the huge banner has been removed from 620 King West. Plazacorp (Musee) has a sign coming soon and are currently setting up their sales centre at the site beside one eleven so anyone visiting recently would know. Also the huge levelled site right beside and to the east of one eleven should be a clue :)

Last edited:
A shame if this fine project were to be put on hold, or even worse cancelled. Apart from being one of the most well designed and aesthetically pleasing developments in the city, it is also a critical piece of transforming the entire area. The attentiveness to detail on the lanes concept would change the pedestrian culture of the King West district into something similar to Yorkville. I hope for the best and to receive clarification regarding the status soon. This is in the handful of most important projects in this construction boom, as I believe it will have a profound impact on the area.

Last edited:
I received an email from Context today:

"Thank you for your interest in Context King West. Due to some ongoing land title issues within the property, Context King West is being placed on hold. We are sorry to disappoint you, and will update with any future announcements.
As a token of our appreciation, we would like to offer all Context King West registrants a $5000 credit off the purchase price at either Market Wharf or Library District Condominiums."

This really does suck, it was going to be totally transformative. Does anyone have any idea of what the land issues are? Someone is not selling?

I hope Context will work things out soon and hope it wouldn't result in much or any changes to the original design.
This development will be a huge asset and amenity to the area. It will also benefit the neighboring new developments on this block such as Six50, One Eleven, and Musée.

We've put a story up on the front page to clarify what has happened here… and no surprise, it has nothing to do with the Iranian Currency Crisis, nor the plunge in the stock price of Sony, (just anticipating that one…).

The scuttlebutt is saying that there are potentially two issues. The first one is the real estate guy that Context has a deal with and whom has brought a majority of the lands together seems to be having trouble with the owner of 620 King - some dispute of some kind. The Bianchi family is also part of that deal and it will all fall apart if nothing is resolved by the end of June.

Secondly, in recent weeks, there is another dispute going on about the private lane near the homes on Adelaide Place. Someone mentioned to me yesterday that disgruntled folks are putting up barriers in the fight.

So, there have been more than 4 developers like Context (Freed, Lamb and others) whom have gone through lands and actually written up deals. So, Context has their hands full on this one. Alot of money at stake for these landowners, one rumour being the Bianchi part is fetching something between $17-19M.

Does anyone have any updates with regards to the status of this project? Has the land issue been resolved?
There is still no sign on their sales center.

Back