Toronto 2002 Lake Shore West | 122m | 36s | Marlin Spring | Graziani + Corazza

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Interesting, I wonder if the other lands between Lake Shore and the Gardiner will be opened up for development. It could create a sound wall against the Gardiner and reduce the speed of cars on the Lake Shore, making the parks along the lake quite enjoyable. Then all that will be missing is some sort of rapid transit...

Could this be related, the address on the city planning app. is obviously not right and missing some numbers but ends with a zero...who knows, could this be done on purpose:confused: either way, this may be to tall for this location and belongs somewhere else.

0 LAKE SHORE BLVD W
Site Plan Approval 12 142305 WET 06 SA Ward 06
- Etob. York Mar 23, 2012 Application Submitted Mar 26, 2012 --- ---
Propose (2) storey commercial, (5) storey residential and (41) storey residential with commercial at grade

http://www.dtzbarnicke.com/Client/JJB/JJBNA Web Listing db.nsf/bf9f475b737940fe852570d9000fbe36/b762038f6e8330ee852578ce004c41b7!OpenDocument Check also the PDF

1978 and Part of 2000 Lake Shore Boulevard W
Toronto
Sale
• High-rise condo development site fronting on Lake Shore Boulevard West. Approximately 0.4 Acres available for sale.
• Opportunity to re-zone the property for greater density and height
• Great views of Lake Ontario and downtown Toronto
• Many successful condo developments in the surrounding area
• Walking distance to the Western Beaches, Sunnyside Park, and High Park
• This property is unpriced

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet that you have linked these up correctly, AG. As time progresses, we will see…

I assume this is the derelict lot on the NW corner of Lake Shore & Windermere where the Seaway Towers Hotel once stood. A real eyesore begging for development!

I doubt they will approve that height for the location, but then again.....

The site approval code (Site Plan Approval 12 142305 WET 06 SA Ward 06) suggests that the mystery site is in ward 6 though doesn't it? The eastern edge of Ward 6 is the Humber while 1978 and 2000 Lake Shore Boulevard W is squarely in Ward 13.

-AmJ

I assume this is the derelict lot on the NW corner of Lake Shore & Windermere where the Seaway Towers Hotel once stood. A real eyesore begging for development!

According to Urbandb, the Seaway Towers site is at the South of S. Kingsway, not Windermere (http://www.urbandb.com/canada/ontario/toronto/seaway-towers-hotel/) - not 100% sure about this as that building must be before my time.
The site Automation Gallery is referring to I think was the site of the castle-like Joy Gas Station building, which was designated as a historic building and moved across the road to the park - right?
AmJ

ok i think you're right.

The actual address used by the Seaway Towers was 2000 Lake Shore Blvd W and it was demolished to allow Gardener ramp construction, so that would place it slightly further west.

seaway towers.jpg

kinda of a cool looking building....

and yes the Joy Station was on the corner and has now been moved across Lake Shore onto the parklands.

Attachments

• seaway towers.jpg
    seaway towers.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2,213
I wouldn't mind seeing the north side of Lakeshore right next to the Gardiner lined with buildings, as long as there is lots of retail space. It's such a dead stretch and the all the parkland is completely isolated and useless.

I wouldn't mind seeing the north side of Lake Shore right next to the Gardiner lined with buildings, as long as there is lots of retail space. It's such a dead stretch and the all the parkland is completely isolated and useless.

I agree with you, but in the absence of a new school building in the area, no more children please!!! This area is the catchment of Swansea school which is already at 126% capacity and the kids living in the new developments at Windermere and Queensway are being bussed up to jane & Dundas st. daily, paid for from the TDSB coffers. If a developer wants to make money selling condos in the area, then they should be contributing to upgrading infrastructure including schools. Currently, there is no mechanism for this so any residents of school-age I have to say - Thanks, but no thanks!

I agree with you, but in the absence of a new school building in the area, no more children please!!! This area is the catchment of Swansea school which is already at 126% capacity and the kids living in the new developments at Windermere and Queensway are being bussed up to jane & Dundas st. daily, paid for from the TDSB coffers. If a developer wants to make money selling condos in the area, then they should be contributing to upgrading infrastructure including schools. Currently, there is no mechanism for this so any residents of school-age I have to say - Thanks, but no thanks!

I was under the impression that developers and/or unit owners already pay into infrastructure upgrades.

Back