Toronto Library District Condominiums + Toronto's 99th Library | ?m | 29s | Context Development | KPMB

Two comments - first, agree that the holes being drilled look like footings - from their position in the site, it looks like they are for the Library building, a low rise structure, and not for the Library District Condominium building itself.

Secondly, my understanding is the dewatering system works on a venturi principle basis, with most of the water shown flowing into the blue container being recirculated -pumped back out through the two blue pipes on the right side. That is why there are two pipe runs on each side - a high pressure supply pipe (with small signs indicating that), and a return pipe. Only the relatively small amount of water that is actually extracted from the ground is shown going out the hole on the left of the box, and through the pipe to a sewer drain, close to Bathurst Street.

3 Dec 2011:

138gy.jpg

The crane base is now in place for the Library District condominiums - done in the past day or two.

From the position of the crane base, it looks like construction of the condominiums and of the library itself may be being handled as one overall project, as the shoring, retaining wall, excavation and de-watering activities to date have been.

The crane base is now in place for the Library District condominiums - done in the past day or two.

From the position of the crane base, it looks like construction of the condominiums and of the library itself may be being handled as one overall project, as the shoring, retaining wall, excavation and de-watering activities to date have been.

Finally thats good news, its been a long time coming.....they must be running a good year behind

Anybody hear when occupancy is? Last I heard was Nov 2013?

As they have not started actually building yet I would not start worrying about the exact opening date just yet. It's not a huge footprint and it will be 29 floors so construction will probably take about 2+ years. The King East (at King and Parliament) is now on floor 3 and has fairly new signs up saying "Occupancy May 2012" so never believe the developer!

Thanks DSC! That is good news for me. I purchased a year ago on the 22nd floor. Need as much time to save $$
as possible! :)

Thanks RM for the pics

Looks like sometime down the line, they are going to add a 10 storey affordable housing building ...my guess is to the north side, by the rail corridor

170 & 200 FORT YORK BLVD & 150 DAN LECKIE WAY (FORMERLY 510 BREMNER BLVD)
File Number: B0007/12TEY Zoning Cr & G (WAIVER) Ward: Trinity-Spadina
Property Address: 170 & 200 FORT YORK BLVD Community:
& 150 DAN LECKIE WAY
(FORMERLY 510 BREMNER
BLVD) Legal Description:
THE CONSENT REQUESTED:
To obtain consent to sever the property into two lots.
Conveyed -Parts 1-6 & 8, Plan 66R-25799 Address to be assigned
The lot frontage is 43.24 m, measured along Fort York Boulevard, and the lot area is 3947.7 m². The property will be developed as the site of a public library, a future 10-storey affordable housing building and public parkland.
Retained -Parts 2-4, 6-15 & 17-20, Plan 66R-24646, save and except Parts 1-6 & 8, Plan 66R-25799 Address to be assigned
The lot frontage is 87.93 m, measured along Fort York Boulevard, and the lot area is 20 764.5 m². The eastern portion of the property is being developed as the site of 427-unit affordable housing development. The western portion of the property will be developed as the site of a 29-storey residential building

so is the plan to open the library prior to the completion of the condo? i'm assuming they're not connected....

Back