Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

The problem is uplighting at night (although making the building look better) is bound to piss off condo owners. The only answer would be exterior details like marko added a few posts up. They can light up the big mechanical penthouse i guess but this building truly needs some exterior paint to mimic the look of masonry. im tempted to say add a spire...but i say that in every thread and im eventually going to get classified as a troll if i keep suggesting it....ok one last time...uptown needs a spire

I'm tempted to fall for these set-backs...

6275426903_92a2319555_z.jpg

Unfortunately those big blank precast slabs and the overall lack of details, completely negates those pleasant thoughts.

Last edited:
Take this building and add the details from West Harbour City and it would have been fantastic. But nope. They decided to cheap out. It goes well next to CrystalGrey.

Good god. In my opinion of all the condos Pemberton has developed I think I can only give one a passing grade (Park Lake) and really Park Lake isn't great, a bit boring but unoffensive. The first thing I thought when I saw the renderings was "finally, Plazacorp and Pemberton are committing to build more than just crap with West Harbour City and Uptown Residences". Plazacorp gets a passing grade in my books for their efforts. Pemberton missed the mark completely... although not as big a screw up as University Plaza.

Good god. In my opinion of all the condos Pemberton has developed I think I can only give one a passing grade (Park Lake) and really Park Lake isn't great, a bit boring but unoffensive. The first thing I thought when I saw the renderings was "finally, Plazacorp and Pemberton are committing to build more than just crap with West Harbour City and Uptown Residences". Plazacorp gets a passing grade in my books for their efforts. Pemberton missed the mark completely... although not as big a screw up as University Plaza.

Huh?? West Harbour City is an example of "neo-deco" done right..

The east side does look good. At night. In black & white.

Have you seen the Pulse condos by Pemberton? Park Lake is a knock off version of it.

Back