Vaughan Expo City: Expo 1,2, & Nord | ?m | 38s | Cortel Group | AJT Architects

lol that article has been posted in at least 3 separate threads now :)

Thousands of would-be buyers packed the Corel Group’s two full-scale model units at Highway 7 and Jane St. By the end of August, almost 70 per cent of the 337 units were snapped up.

I'm surprised. I thought this project would fail, being as it is on the far side of Jane, cut off from the main part of VCC.

The new projects are largely the result of the provincial push for the regions to intensify development, low interest rates and the creation of new infrastructure, such as the Spadina subway extension to York University, slated to open in 2015, said Dupuis.

I don't think the extension will be open by 2015, being as (the last time I heard any news on the extension) the TBM's were parked after the media photo op in June and have'nt moved since.

I'm surprised. I thought this project would fail, being as it is on the far side of Jane, cut off from the main part of VCC.

I don't think the extension will be open by 2015, being as (the last time I heard any news on the extension) the TBM's were parked after the media photo op in June and have'nt moved since.

Actually the first TBM started boring quite a while ago, and I'd imagine it's half way to Finch West already. The second TBM has started boring as well, but half of it is still showing from the extraction shaft. so it probably bored not more than a few meters.
I do agree, however, that the subway won't open until at least the end of 2015. As much as I'm a fan of this Expo project, I can't imagine the value of this location before the subway opens.

I'm not surprised. I'm sure majority of buyers are investors and brokers. Considering how hot the suburban condo market is, these should sell with no problem.

Depending on when move in date are/were being promised I can see the builder slowing construction in 2014/15 if the subway hasn't been completed yet. The builder by law has what about an 18 month leeway where they can push back closing dates?

So set closing dates at mid 2014 at the earliest and if the subway is not built push it back to the end of 2015/early 2016.

The EXPO 2 was released last weekend. It is expected to be completed in fall/2015, presumably the same time as the subway is finished. I purchased a unit for myself, the 1+1 Model G :) It was the same layout as the model suite.

surprised this hasn't been posted yet, but it does seem to have lost the fins. (Surprise!)

urbantoronto-6172-19751.jpg

any word on construction?

Phase 1 reached ground level. Don't think they've started digging for the second building. Strange since it looks like they will have shared underground parking.

Updates anybody?
First tower is roughly 15-20 floors now, podium for first phase is done structurally. Still no sign of cladding and no apparent movement on phase 2.
It's so weird having this condo in front of a concrete mixing plant. So much for street life.

Updates anybody?

Here you go. I took this photo of the northeast corner yesterday. They had completed the pouring of the 15th floor and had 70% of the columns done for that floor. When I was there they were removing the floor forms from the 14th floor and repositioning them to the next floor.

Attachments

• 20130905_130110.jpg
    20130905_130110.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
That was a fluke! I was just going to post a pic I took of this rarely-updated project during one of my rare trips to the city last week and someone beat me to it by a few hours.

Back