Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Cheer up Xray ... Its a whole lot of opportunity and potential. Let's just hope its not squandered.

That's the way I see it too. Parking lots are only really a bad thing when it's clear that they're going to stay as parking lots for a long time. When you see parking lots biting the dust on an almost monthly basis, I see each parking lot as an opportunity to go higher and bolder than the last one that bit the dust.

If the lot is indeed that big, You cant help but hope for something over 150m.... If the star building (one of the ugliest buildings in the city) isnt going to be demolished for this project, does anyone think a re-cladding is likely? otherwise it would look like a concrete scab peeling from a newer structure. I guess we are still in the random guess stage of the game for now..

land owned by the Thompson Family.

If the lot is indeed that big, You cant help but hope for something over 150m.... If the star building (one of the ugliest buildings in the city) isnt going to be demolished for this project, does anyone think a re-cladding is likely? otherwise it would look like a concrete scab peeling from a newer structure. I guess we are still in the random guess stage of the game for now..

I have said this all along, this is the best location for an iconic 300+meter office structure in Toronto...if they can propose 245 meters for Front and Simcoe, then they should be able to do better here.
And yes they would most likely re-clad ithe Star building with an extra 10 floor addition to the top.

I have said this all along, this is the best location for an iconic 300+meter office structure in Toronto...if they can propose 245 meters for Front and Simcoe, then they should be able to do better here.
And yes they would most likely re-clad ithe Star building with an extra 10 floor addition to the top.
As much as i would love something 300+ meters being built in Toronto, i think that a building that tall in that exact location would not benefit the skyline. large parts of the view from the island and the port lands would be blocked off, however if the architecture was right it could work... 40 scott is a much location for something 300+ IMO. It would become part of the skyline as opposed to competing with it.

As much as i would love something 300+ meters being built in Toronto, i think that a building that tall in that exact location would not benefit the skyline. large parts of the view from the island and the port lands would be blocked off, however if the architecture was right it could work...

Well lets not forget that the Ice development is rising nearby at 205m and 235m, you have 45 Bay rumoured at 245 meters, now you have 90 and 120 Harbour St. that could potentially be proposals of well over 200 meters.
So in 5-10 years things will be much different than what you see today.

I agree, I'd rather see the entire plot redeveloped though I doubt it will happen. I really dislike the Toronto Star building.

I agree, I'd rather see the entire plot redeveloped though I doubt it will happen. I really dislike the Toronto Star building.

I also agree, i would like to see it demolished instead of an expensive retro-fit/re-clad ....i just didnt want my name to be mud by bringing up supertalls and implosions all in the same post..lol:D uhh yeah, it probably is anyways

I'd love to see something with a cool profile like the proposed Wilshire Grand in LA or the Bank of America Tower in NYC.

We will see taller heights than the city's case study providing the market holds. I doubt we'll see too much higher than 150 metres though.

Yeah! Esp. in this here Ford mayoralty of ours, as Bugs Bunny said: there ain't no place like a hole in the ground, hole in the ground, hole in the ground, there ain't no place like a hole in the ground with a big fat goon a floatin' around

I hope they build something really, really tall here. As well as super super tall. As long as they make sure that it's very tall.

Back