Toronto The Yards at Fort York | ?m | 28s | Onni Group | Wallman Architects COMPLETE

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
6886563821_9ab256e175_b.jpg

Last edited:
New rendering of the second phase called "The Yards" on BuzzBuzzHome. Appears height has been increased to 28 storeys.

Where are they gonna build this one? There's no more room, unless they're going to do it where the sales office currently sits.

Given that 'The Yards at Fort York' is really just the next phase of of 'Garrison at Fort York', should the two not be in the same thread ?

Now that the size and location of this development has changed quite a bit...I still wonder if Omni has plans to build the medium size tower (16 storeys) somewhere between all that.

Because no one cares about dreary buildings in Scarberia! Although Monarch's Herons' Hill series isn't too bad actually.

Exactly. People barely post in those threads as it is. We don't need three of them; especially considering that each phase is identical to the last.

Because no one cares about dreary buildings in Scarberia! Although Monarch's Herons' Hill series isn't too bad actually.

Excuse me ?? Please explain to me how Scarborough is NOT a part of the City of Toronto (who cares you say ??) ... And perhaps you should read up on your ward boundaries UD, the Heron's Hill development is within the former North York boundaries

Last edited:
I think ""ALL" projects should be broken down into their own thread regardless if there is or is not a lot of posting.

I have miss or not know where various phases where when lump into one thread to the point I have never posted various photos for them as well write up on them.

Since there is more than one phase for this project, this thread as well for the other phases should be setup as City Place. This also applies to Concord Place and the various projects out in the Humber Lakeshore area, including future projects else where. You can add Mississauga Parkside complex as well Mississauga Uptown projects to the list. I agree with Solaris and Heron's Hill is another project that needs to be broken down.

Some ppl like only various section of a project while other like the whole thing even though them maybe small in numbers. A number of these ppl are buyers of a project and only intrested in where and how their building is coming along.

While the combination or separation of phases into threads is not an exact science, we tend to do it based on general perception at UT. If a project if difficult to separate into it's component parts for various factors - similar names, similar look, similar time frame for construction, etc. - then we tend to leave them as one thread. Some projects with multiple phases often get discussed in one post. How do you split that up? It can be quite difficult actually. The three towers at The Distillery District, which are not in Scarborough by the way, are the perfect example of the conditions above.

In this case, since The Yards is on the other side of the Gardiner Expressway from Garrison, it should not be too difficult to distinguish them.

The phases of Harbourview Estates weren't split. It is one development block with only a private roadway to divide them. Bliss + LVT is one development with no city ROW or property owned by another developer to divide them. Herons Hill is one development. Solaris and Ventus are split by a Sufferance Road (or whatever it was renamed to) so I would agree it is two separate development blocks. EQ1+EQ2+EQ3 are one development. Equinox 1 and 2, the originals, are a different one.

Back