News   Mar 28, 2024
 604     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 433     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 763     0 

Corktown District Condos (Streetcar) - Real Estate -

Another builder doing the bare minimum. Can't say I'm surprised.

I haven't see the 'quality issues' in person (although I will shortly, through a friend) but I'm hoping Streetcar can get it's act together. It's great to have an option other than the 'big guys', but they have to deliver if they want to be a player long term.

Another builder doing the bare minimum. Can't say I'm surprised.

I wouldn't go as far as to say they are doing the bare minimum or that the quality is really lacking. Streetcar worked hard to get me into my unit as quickly as they could (since they were paying me compensation), however, because of this, I also have more deficiencies than others. They only had 2 days between my PDI and close/move in. From speaking with the other unit owners moving in, everyone is very pleased. This is my first purchase so emotions are running high. I don't mean to turn this into a b-tchfest since I do love the unit and I'm excited to own it.

Perhaps I painted a very bad picture at first, but my pdi items (other than the flooring issue) are all small ones which I had noted in a couple of my initial posts. For every item that I'm not really happy with, I can name 2 others that I am happy/impressed with. It's just not as fun talking about all the good things :)

Overall I love the building and the unit so far. My view of the core is also amazing. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

EDIT: 2 week update:

Customer Service at streetcar continues to be very responsive and have been in to repair my initial PDI items. They will be in all week working on the rest. It's good to see. Other than the flooring issue I have (which they are coming in to look at), things are going well. Elevator appears to be nearing completion and it's cool to see the building take shape around me.

Last edited:
Finally took possession of our unit yesterday. Generally, I'm quite happy with how it turned out, although it seems slightly smaller than I had imagined it all these years of waiting.

Mostly minor deficiencies to report, some of which have already been taken care of.

My few gripes about the unit are:
- an integrated fridge which is not integrated into the cabinetry as there's a good 6" gap between the top and the bottom of the kitchen shelving
- very ugly "standard" bathtub that is an obvious substitute for the one shown when we picked out our finishes
- completely mismatched tub filler from the rest of the hardware (and also incredibly cheap looking)
- concrete floors have tons of cracking, filler and stains (know we're not alone in this as the same is true in our neighbour's unit)

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0709.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_0710.jpg
    IMG_0710.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0722.jpg
    IMG_0722.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_0714.jpg
    IMG_0714.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 425
Hey, I think your unit looks great. I don't mind the cracking/patch work int he cement. It gives it character.

Hi there, this is my first post and am moving into 549 King. Can't wait! Any comments / recommendations from existing owners re: occupancy and / or what to look for?

You can see part of my house in one of jayzie's pictures.

Also, confidential to to the dude and his girlfriend who had enthusiastic sex in front of his window on the second floor facing King Street about two weeks back - I, too, know how expensive window coverings are.

You can see part of my house in one of jayzie's pictures.

Also, confidential to to the dude and his girlfriend who had enthusiastic sex in front of his window on the second floor facing King Street about two weeks back - I, too, know how expensive window coverings are.

LOL, I didn't realize this was the 'Entertainment District'...

The photos the other member attached herein are quite good...The space between the fridge is a 5 minute fix and the rest of the place including the floors looks fantastic! I do agree that the filler on the tub is mis-matched... My only words of caution are to contain the complaints to streetcar directly. This is a good project and you don't want people hearing all these complaints as they will inevitably create a poor brand for the development and lower real estate values for everyone! Streetcar has always been super responsive so plead your case and it will be fixed!

Re: the tub. Unless you specifically documented the one with the tile facing that's the standard tub... Sorta misleading yes, but you have to ask!
Enjoy your unit!

Hey all. I know there hasn't been much activity in this thread of late, but I have a loft in 52 Sumach for sale and I though I'd share the photos with everyeone so you can see what these units look like furnished!

1010099_1_sm.jpeg
1010099_2_sm.jpeg
1010099_14_sm.jpeg
1010099_5_sm.jpeg
1010099_6_sm.jpeg
1010099_7_sm.jpeg
1010099_8_sm.jpeg

I like the 52 Sumach building because you're tucked away from the traffic and there are fewer neighbours in the building, so I think it provides for a real community feel!

Here's all the info including the floor plans and the virtual tour: http://www.gracehomes.com/14a_read.php?ltl=1010099

Condo looks awesome. Good luck with the sale!

Your unit looks great and is priced right as well.. Good luck with the sale! It is worth every penny!

Hey all. I know there hasn't been much activity in this thread of late, but I have a loft in 52 Sumach for sale and I though I'd share the photos with everyeone so you can see what these units look like furnished!

1010099_1_sm.jpeg
1010099_2_sm.jpeg
1010099_14_sm.jpeg
1010099_5_sm.jpeg
1010099_6_sm.jpeg
1010099_7_sm.jpeg
1010099_8_sm.jpeg

I like the 52 Sumach building because you're tucked away from the traffic and there are fewer neighbours in the building, so I think it provides for a real community feel!

Here's all the info including the floor plans and the virtual tour: http://www.gracehomes.com/14a_read.php?ltl=1010099

Does anyone else living at 569 King have a problem with gnat/midge flies on their balcony? My balcony seems to be infested with them. I don't even have any plants or anything that would be attracting them :S

Does anyone else living at 569 King have a problem with gnat/midge flies on their balcony? My balcony seems to be infested with them. I don't even have any plants or anything that would be attracting them :S

Although i'm not at 569 King i am at 549 King and have similar issues. Having said that I don't believe it's specific to Streetcar (despite how frustrated I am with them) / location as I had them at MoZo too.

Just spent the day moving furniture in 52 Sumach. Sold (rather, assigned) Suite 403 for a client. Took all the furniture down to 401, as it's next for sale!

Had a great chance to see 2 other lofts. One with an amazing city view and one that was two suites combined into one!

Back