News   Mar 28, 2024
 86     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
If you can't share who (which is understandable) can you share why ? Is it the layout and I take it that's effecting their sales ?

I'd be speculating. I just know that it is a threat to leave which indicates that it's something they believe the property owner can fix.

The place is nowhere as busy as it appears to be. That the complex is busy is an illusion. Again I'm speculating but close to 70 or 80% of people who come through the building are doing so to get into the subway. Real success would be seeing everybody carrying shopping bags and big lineups at the registers.

hmm, but by threatening - are they implying the building could be reconfigured somehow to improve things or they know the place is a dump and just want lower rent ?

Either way it's great news they do plan on re-configuring it, sometime ...

My guess is it's future shop :) ... no one would care if it was shoppers.

I wouldn't discount any of the office tenants being disgruntled with the whole mess.

I wouldn't discount any of the office tenants being disgruntled with the whole mess.

meh don't think so ... all the office space is leased as far as I'm aware and it's quite desirable space as well.
Google's office's are here along with several other companies.

My bet: Addidas is threatening to move. It's never busy everytime I pass by.

Simons would be an awesome addition to the complex. I don't know how - or if - that is possible space wise. Simons needs to get their act together too!

My bet: Addidas is threatening to move. It's never busy everytime I pass by.

Simons would be an awesome addition to the complex. I don't know how - or if - that is possible space wise. Simons needs to get their act together too!

Yea but I don't see how Addidas can complain ... they can complain about the rent sure ... but they have it pretty good location wise. I doubt they'll do very well wherever they go - see how Nike is closing a lot of their stores throughout the GTA as well.

Entertainment Properties Trust should just sell it to Cadillac Fairview and be done with it. It would become a part of the Eaton Centre and follow the same interior design and give Eaton Centre their missing movie theatre component.

I don't like this: Shoppers Drug Mart is emerging as a serious bidder for naming rights. F@#k :( Seriously? Do we really want to go to The Shoppers Drug Mart Centre? oh brother...

Entertainment Properties Trust should just sell it to Cadillac Fairview and be done with it. It would become a part of the Eaton Centre and follow the same interior design and give Eaton Centre their missing movie theatre component.

I'm guessing they still think there's some profit to be had ... which is good for us - I don't think Cadillac Fairview would do anything too interesting really ... and they'd probably be more inclined to take their time with it.

I'm hoping it's Adidas and if they leave, the building can be reconfigured :)
I doubt Simons would fit in here.

If Shoppers Drug Mart does get the naming rights I could see the building's name just getting truncated to Shopper's Centre in common parlance.

I'd like to see Google go after it. Googleplex or Google Central or something like that. They could really do something special with that building to create an experience that reflects their branding/services. It might attract some other tech-oriented retailers as well, which in turn could solidify Yonge/Dundas as a high-tech destination. It's already got the Best Buy and the Future Shop, add in all of those university students around the corner plus all of the programming possibilities that exist with the square and this building and you get awfully close to a critical mass.

If Shoppers Drug Mart does get the naming rights I could see the building's name just getting truncated to Shopper's Centre in common parlance.

I'd like to see Google go after it. Googleplex or Google Central or something like that. They could really do something special with that building to create an experience that reflects their branding/services. It might attract some other tech-oriented retailers as well, which in turn could solidify Yonge/Dundas as a high-tech destination. It's already got the Best Buy and the Future Shop, add in all of those university students around the corner plus all of the programming possibilities that exist with the square and this building and you get awfully close to a critical mass.

This buildimg should have been a creative, high-tech marvel, instead of the cheap, tacky thing it is. I hope that finally changes, soon.

I dont think a Giant Esculator would work. Im sure it wouldnt fit but more importantly the reason esculators break is because too many people stand on them and eventually the motor gives out or needs maintenance.. If you had a giant esculator you would potentially have 2-3 times as many ppl on it with a motor that is probably the same size. At least I am pretty sure that they dont make different size motors. But I guess anything can be custom made.

Big elevators seem to work in Washington DC. I was on this elevator at Dupont Circle with probably 400 other people. It's probably 400 feet long, which would be much longer than what you need in 10 Dundas East

Photo credit to ShonTron, who has this on another thread on UT.
Washington47.jpg

I love the Googleplex idea :D

I'd be speculating. I just know that it is a threat to leave which indicates that it's something they believe the property owner can fix.

The place is nowhere as busy as it appears to be. That the complex is busy is an illusion. Again I'm speculating but close to 70 or 80% of people who come through the building are doing so to get into the subway. Real success would be seeing everybody carrying shopping bags and big lineups at the registers.

Per square foot of retail space, this is one of the most succeful and profitable malls in North America.

Back