News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 571     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 874     0 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Thanks for the detailed feedback, mango! Your experience gives us all more confidence that our units have been built wiith good worksmanship, and may meet most of our expectations as well.

I haven't gotten close to the building yet, so, is there only one entrance into the condo? It sounds like your mid-March occupancy date won't be an issue, which is great to know. I've a mid-March occupancy date too.

Last question - now that you've gone through the PDI process, what's the next step? Is it to see our lawyers to find out about the monthly occupancy fees?

Thanks so much again, and kudos to you for making our day brighter today!!

Hey Folks,
remember we are all part of a team/community and if there is anything I can do to help, consider it done. Please keep in mind that everyone will have different and varying experiences, however, I do wish all of you the very positive experience that I had the pleasure to encounter.

1) The PDI (i asked a lot of questions) about 45 minutes but this was because Tony was very thorough with me (definitely a plus)
2) It won't hurt to take one with you.
3) Yes, I expected it to be smaller but was pleasently surprized as I had heard from some of my friends who purchased, pre construct condos, that when they went for their PDI the rooms were a lot smaller than expected....mind you in saying that, I found my den to be larger than the master bedroom and the closet space was a lot smaller than what I am used to.
4) about 8/9..only one major one really, all the rest were pretty minor....One caution, the water may not be working, so don't try to test any of the taps...this is standard as they would not have really turned on the water system, as the buiding is still not occupied...don't be worried about this....this is something that HAS to work upon occupancy...so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I hope everyone has as positive experience with Tony as I did. He really knows his stuff and I really think he "cares". Good luck to everyone and I look forward to reading your posts. Hope the information I provided helps.

hey guys

first of all thanks mango3 for our first pdi review,it sounds like it all went well,i have a few questions,was the hallway finished,if so how did it look?,how finished was your unit?were the cabinets up ect,also did tony tell you any other info such as providers for the unit and such? and last if you dont mind was there alot of errors that you noted on your tarion paper thatyou recived at the start of the pdi?

oh and did you bring a curcit tester of sort?

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and have purchased a suite at Wilshire also (3rd floor). Thank you mango3 for your review! Mine will be on Feb 2, so I am looking forward to it! and thank you to everyone who uploaded pics and shared their experience. Looking forward to moving in and meeting fellow neighbours! =)

Hey guys

As we all are having or have just done our pdi,our next big thing is moving in and furniture and ect,who has there furniture yet? Who has there moving crew? And who's going on the condo board? For one I am wanting to be on the board,how about you guys, now that moving in is close and is really going to happen soon,what are you guys saying,time to talk about the fun part of it all,we all deserve it after all the headaches we have had,and for the guys wat tv and how big? I can't wait to watch the game on my new hi def

Last edited:
Hi Mango3,

firstly, congrats on ur sucessful PDI. im so happy for u and i hope we are all happy. im so happy that the space looks big. i excited abt my pdi which is end of march. actually they had started building the top floors first and our floor was the last to have the windows and glasses put in coz they din want to damage our stuff when taking things to the higher floors... (thats wat they told me) so thats why move in date moved from jan 15 to end of april. dint u take any pics during ur pdi? i wanted to go see the model home but nobody at Norstar is getting abck to me after several calls for an appointment. Mikes voicemail is full and hes not getting back either. did u take an inspector with u or did u do the pdi urself?

Hey maple Mystery,
Did I read correctly that your on the 1st floor and your move in date is April?...because my PDI is next week and my move in date is the second week of March and I'm on the second floor!!!...I would assume that you would move in before me if you are on the 1st floor and you would have completed your PDI by now???????.....yes, i had to pick my appliance, arrange for an installation date and YES, i did have to pay fro installation, which I was very upset about.....this is something unheard of from most of the people I have spoken with who bought pre construction. Usually, when you go in to do your PDI the appliances are already installed for inspection. When I called the office earlier this year, I asked them why it is that they do not take care of that and why it is that WE have to arrange an installation DATE....I was told becuase "they don't want anyone to steal the appliances"...WHAT?????????....you mean to tell me, someone is going to come, randomly, out of the blue and decide to take a fridge, stove and diswasher from all of the condos one at a time, without anyone seeing them???...lol...anyway, I'm hoping that they are not going to push back my occupancy date, yet again but i guess on the PDI date I will know for sure. I will update you guys shortly.

Hey guys

Hey anyone know what is the dates of the last ppl to move in,I can assume in June anyone on the 7th or 6th floor on here?

I actually have another question regarding this condo!!! Does the price include PST portion of HST already or no? Because I was told the price includes GST only which does not make sense to me. When you buy a product, it doesnt just include one tax but not the other, especially when they were combined.

Is there something up?

Please advise!

Hey I was interested in unit on the 4th floor and my move in date is the end of March. However, I highly doubt its gonna happen. The building seems very raw :S

I actually have another question regarding this condo!!! Does the price include PST portion of HST already or no? Because I was told the price includes GST only which does not make sense to me. When you buy a product, it doesnt just include one tax but not the other, especially when they were combined.

Is there something up?

Please advise!

Hey Vera

If you bought the condo after July 1st 2010 you pay hst,but if you bought it past that date you pay hst,did you buy a unit? What floor?,when is your pdi?

Hey I was interested in unit on the 4th floor and my move in date is the end of March. However, I highly doubt its gonna happen. The building seems very raw :S

Hey Vera

My move in is a few weeks after yours,and I spoke to tony(supervisor ) said that there will not be Any delays( ya I know heard it before) but with it being mid Jan and some of us with our pdi done or coming,I think your move in dates are set in stone

Good luck with your PDI today, bloomingsmurf. We're excited to hear about your experience! Please share pictures if you can :)

Hi everyone,
This is a great forum for all of us! Thanks for all the helpful tips and advice. As someone mentioned, it would be great if we were on the board of directors :)
We bought a unit on the 4th floor, and our move in date is at the end of March. Our PDI is during the second week of Februrary.
Let's hope there are no more delays as we've been waiting for more than a year!

Good luck with your PDI today, bloomingsmurf. We're excited to hear about your experience! Please share pictures if you can :)

Hi everyone,
This is a great forum for all of us! Thanks for all the helpful tips and advice. As someone mentioned, it would be great if we were on the board of directors :)
We bought a unit on the 4th floor, and our move in date is at the end of March. Our PDI is during the second week of Februrary.
Let's hope there are no more delays as we've been waiting for more than a year!

Thanks Sea2Sky! It was probably the most positive experience I've had with Norstar! The builder that walked through with me was Tony and he is super patient and friendly. I went with my home inspector and he let us poke around in there for an hour.

There were some issues but Tony took note of them and was very professional and easy going. ( I wish I could always deal directly with the builder rather than Norstar "customer service" reps.) A second man, Ron, joined us later and he was also knowledgable and easy to talk to. At the very least, I don't think anyone has to worry about getting any attitude during their PDI. It was a very pleasant experience!

Something to watch out for: I'm not sure if this happened in any other units but I will give you a heads up just in case. The breakfast bars in the new model suites have a standard overhang of about 18-20 inches so you can tuck your chair in and eat. My breakfast bar had an overhang of about 6 inches on the long side of the counter. However at the short end of the counter, there was a proper 18 inch overhang. Meaning that only one person could sit and eat at the counter (facing away from the window and living room). I will have to bring this up with my "favourite person" to see if that was an oversight.

In general the condo looks great! I am really pleased with the number of outlets and lights in the unit. I am also very happy with the size of the windows. (They run from about 1/4 of the way up the wall to the ceiling and they're nice and wide.) Wiring is all hidden and centralized in one location (in my unit they were in the ceiling of the front closet) for the set up of TV, phone and internet so there aren't wires running along all of the baseboards. I really like that!

The common areas (including the hallways) are not completed yet but I was told that the condo board (once elected) will do a walk through with the builder for an inspection when they are finished. I would certainly be interested in being a part of that board. That's about all I can think to pass along. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

That's very good news, bloomingsmurf! I'm very very pleased to hear you also had a positive PDI experience!

Did you notice if there was a light in your laundry room? It sounded like pretty much most things have been completed in your suite. That's wonderful news. I hope ours will go similarly without a major hitch.

Now that this stage has been completed, what will be the next one? At what point did they suggest you see your lawyer for the occupancy fees?

Thanks again for sharing your experience with us!

Cheers :)

That's very good news, bloomingsmurf! I'm very very pleased to hear you also had a positive PDI experience!

Did you notice if there was a light in your laundry room? It sounded like pretty much most things have been completed in your suite. That's wonderful news. I hope ours will go similarly without a major hitch.

Now that this stage has been completed, what will be the next one? At what point did they suggest you see your lawyer for the occupancy fees?

Thanks again for sharing your experience with us!

Cheers :)

Thanks Nels! It really was fun! As you all have (or soon will) experience, it is just so rewarding to walk through the floor plan that you've been trying to visualize for so long. I've been waiting almost 3 years personally!

There was no light in the laundry room however, I was pleasantly surprised by how wide it is. Depending on what size washer/dryer you get, there could be room to put a shelf on the side. It was quite wide.

Nobody suggested speaking with a lawyer at this stage. Basically, the inspection is held to make sure that you and the builder see the same flaws (if any) and to inform you of your options to report any structural flaws within the first several years that the condo is built. They also confirm the closing date so if Norstar delays after the date you receive at the PDI, Norstar has to pay penalties to you.

All of the closing fees and protocol are between you and Norstar so the builder doesn't go over any of that with you. If anyone knows when we should get that information, please let me know because I'm a little unclear on those details as well.

I hope to hear that everyone has a great experience walking through their condo!

Back