Toronto Legacy, Ultra, and Yorkland at Heron's Hill | ?m | 40s | Mattamy Homes | Graziani + Corazza

Site Visit Nov 13

Click for full size

Traffic lights up for the new Heron Street.

Sheppard's coming down from the bridge over the 404 here, so there would be a wide Right-Of-Way there. Supposedly it is getting a Transfer City LRT line down the middle of it here too... we'll see...

Sheppard's coming down from the bridge over the 404 here, so there would be a wide Right-Of-Way there. Supposedly it is getting a Transfer City LRT line down the middle of it here too... we'll see... 42

Hey Interchange, sorry i am not up to date with the transit city progress and status, but do you mean that the city will be creating a wide road and will actually use up the area which is green now arond the edges of Ultra ? I was under the impression that Monarch would develop some greenery there to make the project look like in the model. If this will all be turned into concrete to make way for LRT, that would really make Sheppard look quite more ugle than it is for now and imo will also ruin the look of these monarch towers

The Sheppard LRT as currently proposed will be underground as it passes Monarch's buildings. It will surface at Consumers Road.

Looking good going East on Sheppard. Taken with my blackberry on Nov 27th.

heron-hills-nov-27th.jpg

Every time I've seen this in person, (and in photos), all I can think to myself is what a hideous, monotonous tower. Awful.

Every time I've seen this in person, (and in photos), all I can think to myself is what a hideous, monotonous tower. Awful.

I really like how the tower looks and can't wait to see Ultra, which will be nearly twice as tall. In particular I like the upside down 'L'. I'm kind of curious what the interior units look like on the'L' since they have no balcony.

FYI, the tower is all glass on the opposite side and looks completely different.

Then again I may be bias since I bought into this building....

In particular I like the upside down 'L'. I'm kind of curious what the interior units look like on the'L' since they have no balcony.

The 'upside down L' pattern on Legacy + Ultra + Yorkland is created by indenting the balcony on the north/west face of the towers. For the affected suite, rather than having a balcony spanning the full width of the unit, the balcony extends only the width of one room (typical for most condo); in effect the suite still has a typical sized balcony, just not a extra large balcony that most suites in the complex enjoy ... this will give you an idea of the floor plan (taken from Yorkland):

b00e0a1e-a025-42a4-9464-270869f1b506_floorPlan.jpg

I've actually heard a rumor that Ultra will be 40 stories instead of the original 38.

Can anyone verify this? If so, have they released these units and their floor plans?

Just curious...

I've actually heard a rumor that Ultra will be 40 stories instead of the original 38.

Can anyone verify this? If so, have they released these units and their floor plans?

Just curious...

it's quite likely...the floor plans will likely stay the same with 9ft ceiling...

I think Monarch always said it was going to be 39 floors (38 + PH with 9ft celling). Haven t heard about the 40th floor though !

As the model, the building should be in colour, Blue. But so far, it is grey. Are they going to make it as the model, the entire building (windows and walls) in blue?

Back