Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

There's a relatively large graffiti piece on the concrete retaining wall seen in this centre of this photo posted by Hypnotoad above:

5132224350_21087c2998_b.jpg

It's not that visible from this angle. From other angles, it's startling that such large graffiti would be simply ignored by parks staff for months. It's unacceptable.

Not to get off topic, but if there's one thing I have confidence in Ford to be able to deal with, it's simple and uncontroversial matters like graffiti removal.

Ford will personally spit-shine the red canoe until it looks like a mirror.

Last edited:
There's a relatively large graffiti piece on the concrete retaining wall seen in this centre of this photo posted by Hypnotoad above:

5132224350_21087c2998_b.jpg

It's not that visible from this angle. From other angles, it's startling that such large graffiti would be simply ignored by parks staff for months. It's unacceptable.

Why is graffiti consider a problem? Ford went on about it in his campaign as though it was the second biggest problem facing Toronto. If we really want to clean up the streets, we should start with the removal of unslightly hydro polls and wires.

... If we really want to clean up the streets, we should start with the removal of unslightly hydro polls and wires.
This was one of the most idiotic (yet populist) mandates of his. He especially wants to focus on the flyers ON hydro poles! I don't think he has the ability to understand that the poles themselves are at least just as ugly (lipstick on a pig comes to mind). Let alone the waste (yes! tax YOUR tax dollars) of an army (cleaners and police writing mistermeaners) it would take to keep up to the task.
Arg!
Hey wait this is the Parade thread.
(This thing is going slow, no? Way slower than the previous projects anyways. Who knows WHEN we'll see signature at this pace. Must have something to do with sales. Which would be odd since this area is finally starting to look like a neighborhood.)

Awesome pics, Hypnotoad. Thanks for your whole tour today. Just to let everyone know, the canoe at Canoe Landing is now plastered with graffiti. More graffiti is starting to appear in other parts of the park too. Way to go, Toronto Parks & Rec! Great job!

Maybe it's not p&r's fault but rather a sign of how much of a ghetto cp has become? Imagine the place with the addition of all those tchc residents....

^There are many types of ghettos. In Toronto, there are many different types, for example:

1)Forest Hill

2)North Bathurst area

3)Weston Rd area

4)Bathurst and Finch

5)My area

6)CP is an example of a new highrise project where drug gangs have taken over many units, money laundering investors control many units, and the park is merely a place to sell drugs and tag with gang slogans

7)so many more, Toronto and the GTA is essentially made up of ghettos.

^There are many types of ghettos. In Toronto, there are many different types, for example:

1)Forest Hill

2)North Bathurst area

3)Weston Rd area

4)Bathurst and Finch

5)My area

6)CP is an example of a new highrise project where drug gangs have taken over many units, money laundering investors control many units, and the park is merely a place to sell drugs and tag with gang slogans

7)so many more, Toronto and the GTA is essentially made up of ghettos.

You're being disingenuous by using places like Forest Hill as an example of what constitutes a "ghetto". You originally used it in the pejorative sense.

I live in Cityplace. I had NEVER EVER had such courteous neighbours. The pools, the gym, squash courts, etc. are a pleasure to use as well.

Maybe it's not p&r's fault but rather a sign of how much of a ghetto cp has become? Imagine the place with the addition of all those tchc residents....

Graffiti does not = ghetto. Just means there are kids around. Welcome to life in a big city where we don't supervise space 24 hours a day, thank goodness.

And imagine the place with TCHC residents! A mixed-income neighbourhood where people who provide essential services and jobs in the downtown can actually afford to live in decent housing downtown. A vast majority of TCHC residents are hard working people who I would gladly welcome into my park and neighbourhood. We are building these public spaces for ALL people to enjoy and use.

nice pic, Davin, great view you've got there!

Looking at that pic it seems that Parade will be the last of developments to build the retaining wall dividing the rail corridor..all development west of here most likely will have to depend on the city to build the barrier....good luck.

Back