News   Apr 26, 2024
 280     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 500     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.5K     4 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Ford has set the expectations so impossibly high and made such a long list of promises that he can't possibly keep that people are going to be very angry come 2014. This is setting the stage for a landslide win for a visionary candidate in 4 years.
Four years is an eternity in politics. All things are possible, and 2014 predictions at this point are pointless.

Peepers, do you see conspiracies everywhere? There were a lot of undecideds in those polls. Obviously the majority of that vote went to Ford.
He has a point. No pollster predicted anything close to this.

We had four weeks of no polls, and then a flurry of polls in the last two weeks that were, in some cases, way off. I don't want to call it a conspiracy, but it reeks of a distinct odour.

My prediction of Ford by 5% was certainly way off.

I'm going to go out and get drunk. I don't drink. I'm simply stunned that Torontonians would elect a homophobic, right-wing, bigot.
Well, I didn't vote for him either, but I'm not overly surprised that Torontonians would elect a candidate that ran on the platform of fiscal restraint.

Like I said before, one might even argue that the previous regime is partially responsible for this huge backlash vote.

Ford has set the expectations so impossibly high and made such a long list of promises that he can't possibly keep that people are going to be very angry come 2014. This is setting the stage for a landslide win for a visionary candidate in 4 years.

Well, I'm guessing that'll be either Batman or Adam Vaughn.

Four years is an eternity in politics. All things are possible, and 2014 predictions at this point are pointless.

He has a point. No pollster predicted anything close to this.

We had four weeks of no polls, and then a flurry of polls in the last two weeks that were, in some cases, way off. I don't want to call it a conspiracy, but it reeks of a distinct odour.

My prediction of Ford by 5% was certainly way off.

Polls when Bob Rae won were off further. They do have a margin of error you know. And that undecided number had an impact.

The philistines have won

artist-render-of-emaar-residences-at-abraj-al-bait-mecca-bin-laden-clock-tower-skyscraper+(1).jpg

Of course, folks like Colvis and Mangasparky might think that's better than this

1ocad.jpg

Last edited:

Back