News   Apr 24, 2024
 899     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 606     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

I think it's interesting people in Canada find it downright embarassing that the US allows figures like Sarah Palin and Christine O'Donnell to hold public office. Yet here we have Rob Ford as an actual legitimate possibility for mayor and he is quite possibly an even bigger political joke than either of those two. I don't think anyone from Toronto has the moral high ground to mock US politics anymore.

You know and he knows he would prefer Smitherman. A politician in this country should not be trying to delegitimize the election to try to make a dishonest point that he's the only person who can implement sufficiently progressive.

I suspect that Pantalone would like to take those words back.
So you're calling him a liar. Nice. :rolleyes:

And only a partisan hack would say that a man running an honourable campaign is de-legitimizing an election. What a disgraceful comment!

Thanks! Amazing.

Ford is performing well in this debate. But so is Pantalone and Smitherman. It's still a toss up...
I keep hearing how Smitherman blows the other two away in public speaking but I don't see it.

I'm enjoying seeing Pants winning the verbal jousting with Smitherman.

I think it's interesting people in Canada find it downright embarassing that the US allows figures like Sarah Palin and Christine O'Donnell to hold public office. Yet here we have Rob Ford as an actual legitimate possibility for mayor and he is quite possibly an even bigger political joke than either of those two. I don't think anyone from Toronto has the moral high ground to mock US politics anymore.
Ford is not a joke to the tens of thousands who will vote for him. I find it amusing how the elite left is bringing out all its guns, including Trudeau-lite in order to stop the "common man" from winning. Personally I'm voting Smitherman because I feel he's the best candidate, but with Miller above-inflation increases in expenses and taxation along with waste and ill-management, Ford's message is appealing to many, and certainly not a joke.

Based on the (current) debate, it definitely DOES look like Pantalone is buddying-up with Ford.
It's bizarre and also revolting.
I hope he loses badly and leaves politics for good. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that HE (not Ford) is symbolic of what's wrong with Toronto.

Thanks! Amazing.

Ford is performing well in this debate. But so is Pantalone and Smitherman. It's still a toss up...

hmm, interesting - can you give me an update whenever it's finished - couldn't catch this one.

Whether you agree with any of Ford's ideas one thing that's pretty clear is competence is quite questionable - this is solely based on watching every other debate. So, Ford performing well seems like an oxymoron to me - if he did any better I really think he'd appeal the 20/30% or so that actually watch these debates.

I keep hearing how Smitherman blows the other two away in public speaking but I don't see it.

I'm enjoying seeing Pants winning the verbal jousting with Smitherman.

In every single debate I've watched (which is all but this) one Rossi by far was the most component - and the only one who blew away anything was Ford - in how absolutely terrible he was ... (again only in all previous debates) ... and this has nothing to do with his policies whatsoever

I found out what's missing in this debate: Rocco Rossi's zings on Rob Ford. Smitherman isn't doing enough to expose him and Joe is teaming up with Ford against Smitherman.

And only a partisan hack would say that a man running an honourable campaign is de-legitimizing an election. What a disgraceful comment!

Yes, he de-legitimized the election when he said he would spoil his ballot.

Speaking of partisan hacks, go look in the mirror.

Smitherman isn't doing enough to expose him and Joe is teaming up with Ford against Smitherman.

Yes... Joe is an utter buffoon. Any "progressive" who votes for him is nothing more than a right-winger still hiding in the closet.

... and this has nothing to do with his policies whatsoever
Perish the thought!

Minor point I know, but I think the Smitherman partisan supporters in the crowd were outdone by the other two sets.

Why was Marcus Gee allowed to ask a question when he is clearly pro-Smitherman and anti-Pantalone and Ford?

And what purpose does that Mulroney kid serve being there? He has nothing to do with news.

Joe's closing comments were very good!

Why was Marcus Gee allowed to ask a question when he is clearly pro-Smitherman and anti-Pantalone and Ford?

He didn't ask a loaded question or one that was biased, so I don't see the problem. What about the woman from Scarborough that asked the eHealth question - what was the purpose of that considering it was already brought up 30 times thus far in the debate?

What about the woman that Scarborough that asked the eHealth question - what was the purpose of that considering it was already brought up 30 times thus far in the debate?
Fair enough, but at least she was supposed to represent a 'person in the street'.

Getting opinions from the handlers of the candidates is a waste! They should have a panel of journalists instead.

Ford is not a joke to the tens of thousands who will vote for him. I find it amusing how the elite left is bringing out all its guns, including Trudeau-lite in order to stop the "common man" from winning. Personally I'm voting Smitherman because I feel he's the best candidate, but with Miller above-inflation increases in expenses and taxation along with waste and ill-management, Ford's message is appealing to many, and certainly not a joke.

this class war bullshit is getting annoying. All the time right wingers complain that some nebulous left 'elite' is being mean to them whereas the candidates they support are the actual elite - old money gluttinous rich. Ford is anything BUT a common man.

I don't understand it - who in Toronto are the 'elite'? Marathon runners? Bicyclists? Or is it the doctors? Lawyers? Architects? Professors? In other words, people who work 60-70 + hours/week on average after spending the better part of their lives in school? Give me a break. We're all the in same fucking pot.

Back