Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

From today...
20100814081.jpg

20100814082.jpg

From Jarvis Street

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

this one is going up fast due to minimal underground component. What will happen to that small parking lot between this building and the Market building in the future?

im fairly certain it will be included in the linear park along the esplanade.

this one is going up fast due to minimal underground component. What will happen to that small parking lot between this building and the Market building in the future?

That area on the southwest corner of The Esplanade and Jarvis is slated to be the site of the temporary replacement building for the North Market while the normal building is being redeveloped. When that project has completed (circa 2014, I believe) the existing David Crombie park, which runs along the south edge of The Esplanade all the way to Parliament, will be extended to fill this area.

Before that, I think it's going to serve as a temporary location for the farmer's market and the antique market while St. Lawrence Market North is being rebuilt.

I can't wait to see brick going up on this baby. :D
You can get ready to squeal! The movable scaffolding is now set up on the north wall (facing the future temporary home of the Farmers' Market and, eventually, the extension of David Crombie Park) and they were just loading (brown) bricks onto it.

That St. Lawerence Market is one ugly building. It looks like a glorified utility shed/barn. They should raze it and replace it with an uber-modern glass and steel structure. Brick is soooo 20th century.

Back