Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

Nope. An additional rezoning was filed with the City a little while ago.

But it doesn't make any sense :)

Are they scarping one the buildings and doubling another.

I really can't see the design working at 30 stories.

Also, what are the odds the city would even permit a 30+ story building right on the water.

Cityzen could probably tell you more, but from what I know its on the northwest portion of the site and the rest of the development is still a-go as planned. Its a big site, they have a fair bit of room to work with. As far as what the City will permit, I guess we'll see, but there's no shortage of precedent along the lakeshore of tall buildings that have been permitted.

Site Plan approval and Rezoning applied for:

25 QUEENS QUAY E

Site Plan Approval Application for application for 3 new mixed use building containing retail at grade / residentail above and resident and public parking. - 3 buildings - 2 buildings at 13 stories and 1 building at 35 stories. - 606 units - 708 parking spaces - 4 levels below grade parking - 498 spaces for units - 122 public parking spaces (visitor and retail parking in this calculation)

And:

OPA and Rezoning application for 3 new mixed use building containing retail at grade / residentail above and resident and public parking. - 3 buildings - 2 buildings at 13 stories and 1 building at 35 stories. - 606 units - 708 parking spaces - 4 levels below grade parking - 498 spaces for units - 122 public parking spaces (visitor and retail parking in this calculation).

Cityzen could probably tell you more, but from what I know its on the northwest portion of the site and the rest of the development is still a-go as planned. Its a big site, they have a fair bit of room to work with. As far as what the City will permit, I guess we'll see, but there's no shortage of precedent along the lakeshore of tall buildings that have been permitted.

Thanks DSC & Architecturefan for uncovering details of the mysterious Phases 3+4 is finally revealed ...

I'm not suprised by the 35 storeys tower though as Cityzen has always suggested something similar since Pier 27's first launch~

It all makes sense now on the Site Plan ... so I guess the 2x 13s buildings will be in the middle and the 35s tower will be located on the top left ~

Pier27_sp.jpg

source: http://www.waterlink.ca/siteplan.pdf

I guess the days of highrise towers being built on Queen's Quay on the harbourfront are not over!

Considering they need an OPA and rezoning, I wouldn't count on a revival any time soon. It will be interesting to see the details when it comes out.

AoD

I think he means on the south side of Queens Quay. I say let them have their 35 storey ... heck, give 'em 50 ... for the two 13 storey towers.

Does someone have a link to the zoning application for the high rise?

BTW, have any resales of presale spots occurred yet? Any guesstimates as to real-world condo fees? A family member may be considering a 2-bedroom.

EDIT:

That was reply #1000 for this thread. :)

Does someone have a link to the zoning application for the high rise?

I wonder if this is related to the future Pier 27 tower.

Currently, Clewes is working a tower for the Toronto waterfront — “that’s going to have enormous balconies” — that will use a special structural system not used in the city for a long time. “It allows you to do enormous cantilevers to create what will really be outdoor rooms.”

http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/outdoorliving/article/805103--outdoor-spaces-in-the-sky

from today. i tried to film the shoring happening on site but the construction crew promptly told me to stop.

4642564857_19b23635f3.jpg

4642564005_8e89314333.jpg

Back