Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

An Arezzo? OUCH! You must really be kicking yourself, best unit in the building and probably worth a fortune now. If there were any Arezzo units left when I bought in spring 2007 I would have got one.

The Pompeii and Florence are the best two units (IMO), but there's no way I can afford either of those.

The Pompeii and Florence are the best two units (IMO), but there's no way I can afford either of those.
Ya, they might sound nice now but just wait until hot lava floods the place or your friends steal all your artwork and blow up your hallway on the way out.

Ya, they might sound nice now but just wait until hot lava floods the place or your friends steal all your artwork and blow up your hallway on the way out.

Hahaha

Yes, I would be worried if they built a condo called Vesuvius next door.

Lighting wasn't very good - but a shot of the growing east site of town:

4393808312_af656c1eb1.jpg

I couldn't resist a shot of Casa, looking east along Charles St. E.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Casa from above at sunset.

BSN can be seen just off to the right and Blu on the far right of the photo.

Beautiful shot, DT. Thank you!

I still haven't got you that long promised sunrise shot, but at least you now have a sunset shot :)

A random thought hit me walking home last night looking at the hat. The roof may now be unlikely to get lit up at night in light (pun intended) of the fact that the roof is now being used as a terrace for upper penthouse owners. I just don't know how happy I'd be if I paid the big bucks for one of these upper penthouse units and wanted to have a dinner party with some nice dim light and had to get blasted with bright LEDs. If I bought one of these babys I may even wish to set out a reclining chair in the summer and lay back with a glass of single malt and enjoy the city lights at night. I don't think that always on bright lights for the roof would fly with penthouse buyers...but I guess we'll wait and see?

A random thought hit me walking home last night looking at the hat. The roof may now be unlikely to get lit up at night in light (pun intended) of the fact that the roof is now being used as a terrace for upper penthouse owners. I just don't know how happy I'd be if I paid the big bucks for one of these upper penthouse units and wanted to have a dinner party with some nice dim light and had to get blasted with bright LEDs. If I bought one of these babys I may even wish to set out a reclining chair in the summer and lay back with a glass of single malt and enjoy the city lights at night. I don't think that always on bright lights for the roof would fly with penthouse buyers...but I guess we'll wait and see?

Having studied those incredible plans for way too long the same thought came to me several times. Night time outdoor entertaining is very common in the summer and these terraces provide plenty of space for such events. If they're lit up brightly it could sure put a damper on the mood of the evening gathering, or a romantic evening in the hot tub with one's other half.

March 16th Update

Some days I just can't resist and besides, what's a week without a few from Casa?

Last edited:
Awesome pics dt! ^^^

Casa seems to look better and better as time progresses! lookin sharp too!... I'd say it was one of the coolest additions to Yorkville in 2009! (in terms of skyscrapers!)

Awesome pics dt! ^^^

Casa seems to look better and better as time progresses! lookin sharp too!... I'd say it was one of the coolest additions to Yorkville in 2009! (in terms of skyscrapers!)

Thanks steveve

Casa one of the best highrises built in the area in the past two decades, along with of course 18 Yorkville, 1 St. Thomas and X. Crystal Blu coulda' been...

Last edited:

Back