News   Apr 19, 2024
 393     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 716     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 745     1 

M1+M2+Metropolis+Parkside@Metro Place (Allen&Sheppard, Liberty, 14+2x16+17s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

What problem? The pictures above show the ground floor at the same grade as Sheppard, so why would they suddenly differ from that along the Duffering frontage? Besides, if the site is 1-2 metres higher than the roadway as you say, then excavating will bring the ground level down. I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure you won't have to climb up from the sidewalk to the doorways.

And concerning the podium, this is typical precast schlock that really bugs me. The buildings are so far decent from the 4th floor and up. Below that is really monotonous and unexciting, much like very similar buildings up at Hwy 7 and Times Ave. area. No surprise, same builder and architect.

Curb Was built with sidewalk

I also noticed that excavation for Metropolis has started; good progress! I am a bit concerned that they started excavation without grading this place first to be even with the street level. So far, the site is maybe 1-2m higher than Allen Rd, which makes it impossible to create a nice blending they showed in their rendering of M3:

Any thought if this problem can be fixed later?

When I was shooting on Jan 23, I noticed that a curb of 1 foot has been added to the new sidewalk on Dufferin St. I have to look back in by 2009 file to see if that curb was put in when the sidewalk was been replace or it was added at a later date. I say added later.

I would say off hand, that street look is not going to happen based on the location.

Grading at this point is nothing to worry about until the sales office is close. As long the sales office is there, grading cannot take place. Will be done at the time of final landscaping.

Edit: I just looked at a photo in posting 87 and the curb was built with the sidewalk then. http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...berty-14-2x16-17s-Kirkor)&p=316477#post316477
IMG_jan-23-10-0248.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the curb was added recently and it is quite a curb--looks too solid to be temporary. In addition, there is a downslope north of Sheppard, so they will need to add some stairs to connect M3 and Allen.

Scaled Model

Parkside Tower (M4), Northeast Elevation - Metropolis (M3) shown on the left with M1 in the background
IMG_2070.jpg

February 13 2010 update

M1 - Southwest + North Elevations
Click to Enlarge

M2 - Southwest + North Elevations

February 27 2010 update

M2 Southeast Elevations - windows are up to the top now ~
Click to Enlarge

Joe ... as you can probably guess, I've an acquired interest in Solaris (since 2007) ~ :D

I am considering Times Group's upcoming projects as well though ~

May 15 2010 update

M1

M2

M1 + M2 - with Metropolis (M3) & Parkside (M4) in foreground

Metropolis (M3) - crane is up

A second crane is up now, suggesting that M3 and M4 will rise together. Didn't have my camery handy, will take a picture some time soon...

Back