Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

Saw an add for this in metro this morning. Looks like they have completely dropped the Electric City marketing - no mention of this!

Of note it said New Designs for phase Two. Rikk, when you go try to get the new floor plans. It would be interesting to see which ones they're keeping and what's new.

I will post everything I find out at the opening.....

I, myself purchased a unit there last month as well. Really looking forward for it's completion. Also interested in learning what Phase 2 will be like and what kind of changes if any will the building/floor plans have.

I have heard that phase 1 has about 50 units left; I got this information from Robert Falus himself. I met him on my way to work this past week. He said the launch of phase 2 is Nov. 28th......I was lead to believe it was just a sneak peek....but I imagine now that its going to be a full launch. I am also curios to see if there will be different floor plans.............I have some contact with R. Falus via telephone and email asking questions regarding the project, as so far he has been straight forward.....

I do see the Brownstones infrastructure (water main, sewers) are going in at the moment, and even the Brownstones on the north side of the excavation have been sold out.

I wonder when the final phase (5&6) will start since phase 3 & 4 have now begun..............it will be very nice to see the area developed. But just thinking of that....the traffic will increase on surrounding roads.......St. Clair is a mess.....the Junction is impassable, and those bike lanes on Annette have messed up the traffic flow. Driving now is major task, and I can see area residents getting upset with the increase of the traffic in the area.

The propose 5 building will be 26 stories so a estimate is 1500+ more apartments plus phase 1&2, and the Brownstones. That could possibly be 1000 extra cars in the area at anytime plus the added need for the TTC. But I still believe the area needs this injection of new blood in the area, and then the area be cleaned up.........its all good!

Any updates on sales or timelines? I'm anxious to know when they plan to break ground.

The only information I have is from the sales staff at the office; over 80% sold on phase 1, and 40% sold on phase 2. I did ask if there was a possibilty if the construction would be delayed, they said they did not think phase 1 will be delayed and is still slated for 2011 Dec. As for breaking ground thye anticipate this coming spring, but in saying this there is always the possibility. Unti I see a shovel in the ground then I will be certain.

Rikk

Scaled Model

Visited the sales office again and got these shots of the Community Master Plan model ... it really helps to understand the overall development scheme ~ :)

View from South - Phase 1+2 at bottom left
Click to Enlarge

View from Southeast - Lansdowne Avenue on the right

View from East - showing the future phases 3-7 highrises

View from Northeast - Lansdowne Avenue in foreground

View from Northwest - CNR rail + Foundary Lofts + Brownstones in Davenport Village + Brownstones on the Park in foreground

Site Plan - puts phase 1+2 in context

green roof

does anybody know if either phase is being required to have green roof space as mandated by the recent toronto government bylaw?

also, does anybody know if there is an chance of negotiating changes to suite or common features, (both as a collective of condo owners and as individual condo owners), in the building when the time comes?

rob

does anybody know if either phase is being required to have green roof space as mandated by the recent toronto government bylaw?

also, does anybody know if there is an chance of negotiating changes to suite or common features, (both as a collective of condo owners and as individual condo owners), in the building when the time comes?

rob

I have talked to the developer about changes, and at the moment there was no plans for negotiating changes to the condos. But that may change over time.

As for the green spance, I never knew this was a requierment, anyway that you can provide a link?

yeah, that's one of my concern too, I bought the 8th floor which is the top floor on the 1st tier of the building, having green roof would help to insulate from the building. I also talked to the developer, there is no security guard on duty at all, which mean we can only rely on the electric security system and using keyfob to enter the building. I went to the Foundary Loft at Davernport/Lansdowne (the same builder developement), and found that their lobby has nothing in it. So just want to give you an expectation....

Also expect a delay (or many), regardless what the sales office individuals tell you.

yeah, that's one of my concern too, I bought the 8th floor which is the top floor on the 1st tier of the building, having green roof would help to insulate from the building. I also talked to the developer, there is no security guard on duty at all, which mean we can only rely on the electric security system and using keyfob to enter the building. I went to the Foundary Loft at Davernport/Lansdowne (the same builder developement), and found that their lobby has nothing in it. So just want to give you an expectation....

I live in 806 Lansdowne and in reality the security onsight does little to nothing. I think as owners, and it's gonna be our home we have to keep our eyes open and enforce our rights.....as it stands now very little has been done to improve "The Standard Lofts". The property management is useless and is only onsite once a week. But in saying this...when you have 600 angry or pissed of owners things will change very fast!

Has anyone heard anything about the build quality that the developer has or offers? Does anyone know anyone in the Foundary Lofts, do they enjoy their units, build quality, etc? I'm curious to know.

Back