South Beach Condos & Lofts (Amexon Development Group) - Real Estate -

South Beach Condo's - Etobicoke

We just recently purchased a condo at South Beach and will be returning in the next few days with our amendments to the contract. Can any other buyers comment on their experience with the staff at South Beach and their willingness to compromise on the items in the contract?...levies, development charges, etc?
Thanks

Raleigh or Collins

Hey I'm about to make a purchase, wondering if you guys could give me your thoughts on which is the better investment and where my great view won't be compromised in the future.

Raleigh - 11th, 16th or 27th floor. Most likely going to purchase the 27th.

Collins - 22nd floor.

Thanks in advance.

Jay, we bought the Raleigh on the 18th floor at a reduced price including many upgrades. They are willing to compromise on price so start low. I'd go for the higher floors if possible. The only one's available last week were the 11th and 18th Raleigh and 26th Lido.

Hey Mario thanks for the advice.

I'm just worried about my view being compromised. Did you hire an agent?

If you dont mind me asking what kind of upgrades did you get and at what price, so I can get an idea when I make my purchase.

Thanks

Last edited:
Jay, I'm not too concerned about the view. If you read through the previous 10 pages of this thread, there's discussion from other buyers about concerns over their views being obstructed. Those concerns seem to coming from the units on the south side because of the new Onni development that's going to be built inthe next few years, maybe 2014. If you look at the maps, there doesn't seem to be any obstruction for the Raleigh, except for the Nautilus, Waterscapes, the motel strip, and the Kraft building (if redeveloped). I'm not too concerned since we have a wrap around terrace, there's no they'll be able to obstruct the view entirely, not to mention the new requirement that all buildings be at least 35m from each other.
I didn't have an agent. Apparently, they say that if you already registered, you're not able to use an agent. We're in the SoBe Collection so some of the upgrades are automatic, but we asked for the hardwood in the bedrooms, marble/granite in the master and 2nd bedroom, upgrade in material for the diswasher, upgrade to the pillar and potlights with a bulkhead. I'm sure you won't have a problem as they seem to be reasonable. Good luck.

If you dont mind me asking what kind of upgrades did you get and at what price, so I can get an idea when I make my purchase.

Thanks

Jay,
I got 15th floor Sagamore. I told them to max out on the upgrade i.e. provide me the best upgrades that are available / hardwood floors / granite and marble choice / something in the counter splash.. dont remember...
my agent also ensured that when they construct that they do sth at the ceiling so that i can put my own light - supposedly you cant instal you own lights (cant remember the exact details but if you are really intersted reply back and i can tell you what they put in my contract).
I delayed payment terms from 15days to 30 days and the 30days to 60, 90days to 150 and 180 days to 240 (pmt 2,3,4,5 respectively)

Hey mdshadman,

could you elaborate more on the contract? Because i was thinking of choosing my own hardwood floor. The hardwood floor they had sampled in the show room were low quality, they kept telling me what was displayed was a hardwood floor but I kept telling the sales agent, no this is laminate as it clearly was.

Thanks

Hey mdshadman,

could you elaborate more on the contract? Because i was thinking of choosing my own hardwood floor. The hardwood floor they had sampled in the show room were low quality, they kept telling me what was displayed was a hardwood floor but I kept telling the sales agent, no this is laminate as it clearly was.

Thanks

It's not laminate, it's Engineered Hardwood (aka, the top 5mm is Hardwood), laminate is different, do a quick google =D. 5mm Engineered hardwood is very high quality. You can't use hardwood in condos because of the concrete floor, hardwood has to be nailed down but it depends on the condo I think.

I'm an agent and have sold quite a bit at this condo, their stuff is top notch, I bought 1 for myself too! LOVE IT!

For those still thinking of buying and are a bit unsure about the best deal they can get, give me a quick PM and I will tell you what I can get for you but I can't disclose it here because I have a good relationship with them and they asked me not to. =D

I bought the Delano on 12. I wish I didn't have to wait 3 years for closing. =(

Last edited:

Thanks

You should be ok with the Raleigh. You have good'ol Mr Christie there for quite a while I think.

So it's official, I finally purchased the Raleigh unit and I'm now part of the neighborhood. I can't wait for the occupancy date.

South Beach in my opinion were more than reasonable with their service and the free upgrades they offered us. From all the other projects out there I've been too from show room to the agent, South Beach is number 1. They definitely know how to take care of you and work with you.

I'm excited and can't wait. They were starting the foundation for the retail building today and also informed us that they're four months ahead of schedule. Like Danyo said "WOOT."

So it's official, I finally purchased the Raleigh unit and I'm now part of the neighborhood. I can't wait for the occupancy date.

South Beach in my opinion were more than reasonable with their service and the free upgrades they offered us. From all the other projects out there I've been too from show room to the agent, South Beach is number 1. They definitely know how to take care of you and work with you.

I'm excited and can't wait. They were starting the foundation for the retail building today and also informed us that they're four months ahead of schedule. Like Danyo said "WOOT."

Congrats! I originally purchased it as an investment, I think I might keep it, I've yet to see a building nicer than this.

Updated! Construction is moving along!

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

If you're still interested in SouthBeach, let me know, I can get you a great deal with them!

I also have a Lido unit on the 10th floor that a customer wants to assign and will sell it for a little below the current price. (they actually didn't buy it too long ago but they need the money for some reason)

Call me at 647-401-6863

i very happy to see lots people just as happy as i am to see this project go up
i purchased the avalon on the second floor of phase 1
i asked to upgrade the bathroom to all marble floor/countertop and hardwood throughout the entire unit
SB is forsure the best bang for you buck in this area.
does anyone have a good idea of when owners will be moving into phase 1

South Beach Condos (88 Park Lawn, Amexon, Arsenault)

when do you think they will be calling in owners from phase 1 to choose colours granites marbles

Back