News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 324     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

What about Abercrombie! I need an Abercrombie at Square One! Sherway is too far! :(

Bath & Body Works open at Square One:

13049_191307336598_81437751598_3499119_7790358_n.jpg

Pusateri's at Bayview Village

CATEGORY: Lifestyle Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Pusateri’s & Bayview Village . . . The Most Perfect Match Ever

We are all so beyond happy . . . Pusateri’s is on their way to join our BV family. It is the ultimate holiday gift of all time. I plan on having breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and take out Pusateri’s-style for the rest of my life . . . too bad my shoe budget will be diminished but I will be so smiley.

They will have everything from the most chic cheeses, manly meats, freshest fish, opulent olive oils, delectable desserts, perfect produce, sumptuous salads and magnificent mains to take home . . . you don’t even have to tell your guests that it is not your own special recipe.

We extend a huge warm BV welcome to Frank and Ida and the entire team . . . we are counting the days until the opening. How simply delicious!!!!

http://www.bayviewvillageshops.com/hotp/index.aspx

CATEGORY: Lifestyle Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Pusateri’s & Bayview Village . . . The Most Perfect Match Ever

We are all so beyond happy . . . Pusateri’s is on their way to join our BV family. It is the ultimate holiday gift of all time. I plan on having breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and take out Pusateri’s-style for the rest of my life . . . too bad my shoe budget will be diminished but I will be so smiley.

They will have everything from the most chic cheeses, manly meats, freshest fish, opulent olive oils, delectable desserts, perfect produce, sumptuous salads and magnificent mains to take home . . . you don’t even have to tell your guests that it is not your own special recipe.

We extend a huge warm BV welcome to Frank and Ida and the entire team . . . we are counting the days until the opening. How simply delicious!!!!

http://www.bayviewvillageshops.com/hotp/index.aspx

They are taking the old Roots space opposite Chapters...nice addition to a great centre.

What about Abercrombie! I need an Abercrombie at Square One! Sherway is too far!

I care not for the Abercrombie and Hollister brands, but I'm shocked that Abercrombie hasn't found their way into Square One yet. You'd think that would be an absolute priority. Stores there would easily rival the sales from the Eaton Centre or Yorkdale. I remember the mall boasting about how many of the big retailers had their highest sales come from their Square One location when I worked there in the 90's.

I went to a job interview for A&F when they were about to open at Sherway.
The question came up why they didn't open a store in Square One instead. The answer they gave is that the mall wasn't classy enough for an A&F, or something to that effect.

What about Abercrombie! I need an Abercrombie at Square One! Sherway is too far! :(

Really! another one!
I can't believe people think that Sherway is far away from Square One. One of the stores at Sherway didn't have what I was looking for, so when I went to Square One instead and told the clerk there I was just at the Sherway location she looked at me perplexed and said 'that's a far way to come'!!

It's about a 10km jaunt across the Queensway... do people think it's far because one is in Toronto, and the other Mississauga, or am I missing something?

Not everyone has a car. To get to Sherway for me is about 45 mins. I live at Hurontario & Burnhamthorpe. There is poor bus service to get there.
The route 4 takes a zig zag route through residential areas, instead of just going straight across the Queensway. It's so stupid.

Well, it was a few years ago before Square One finished their renovations, so I'm sure things have changed now.
Square One is becoming more upscale all the time.
It was never the biggest mall in Canada. Only the biggest in Ontario. That's by store count, not sq. ft. Eaton Centre beats it there.

So apparently Ann Taylor, a US-based clothing store for women was recently shooting their spring/summer 2010 campaign here in Toronto. Official word is that they're "not quite there yet" when it comes to expanding to Canada, but perhaps someone who has inside info might know the something else?

A&F and Holister are getting there a$$es kicked in the US and although sales have remained relatively robust in Canada it will be a while before they build another store...I guess the down economy has consumers questioning the need for a new "vintage" style $45.00 T-shirt that looks identical to the one they bought 15 years ago. Not to mention the fact that despite America's expanding waste lines their commitment the "Athletic cut" prohibits 75% of the American (50% of Canadian) public from ever dreaming of fitting into their clothes.

I like the brand but they should have changed more than their T-shirt slogans and responded to the needs of their customers YEARS ago if they wanted to avoid 45% sales decreases (recession or not). Their arrogance got the better of them and it could cost them their business.

Hmm.. I hadn't thought about the vehicle issue, between Sherway Gardens and Square One, but regardless 10km isn't that far that I should be getting shocked looks from store clerks. I live in Scarborough, so it's not like another 10km west really means anything to me (anyways) when I'm already at Sherway.

Back