Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

I was commenting more of "on" this stretch of University. The weekends are pretty bare with activity as the office workers depart. Indeed, it is central to many great things. Cool? Me thinks not.

University is my least favourite street downtown; our capi answer to Berlin's commie Karl-Marx-Allee.

Last edited:
University is my least favourite street downtown; our capi answer to Berlin's commie Karl-Marx-Allee.

LOL!!!... Somewhat true ;) ... With all the monuments and stuff!

*What about the streets in the red light district?... those are probably a little worse ;)... LOL!
:)

LOL!!!... Somewhat true ;) ... With all the monuments and stuff!

*What about the streets in the red light district?... those are probably a little worse ;)... LOL!
:)

Worst street in Toronto is BATHURST. It is a terrible street up until Bloor. Then, it becomes terrible x2.

University Ave. is a great street to walk spring through fall but I'm not sure I'd want to live there.

University Ave. is a great street to walk spring through fall but I'm not sure I'd want to live there.

Yeah... University Ave is VERY busy with A LOT of traffic... Not to mention the Subway beneath it!... LOTS OF NOISE AND POSSIBLE VIBRATION!

Lots of noise in the area so it may not be so pleasant to live there......
I'd live there for free though!.... The best things in life ARE free!.. hehe!

But in the case of Shangri-la (located on University of course), i wouldn't mind at all :D

Especially on the upper floors!!! :D

Worst street in Toronto is BATHURST. It is a terrible street up until Bloor. Then, it becomes terrible x2.

why's that? i'm just curious, because it's one of the areas i've been looking at. I've also be looking at King St. W, between Bathurst and Dufferin.

Just a question...

Between Bay and Spadina, Bloor and Lakeshore... Are there any run of the mill supermarkets like a Loblaws?

Living downtown I sold my car years ago, but the farthest I have lived from a supermarket is a few blocks. And the closest was right above one. I couldn't live any other way again! This building on University has no parking and no supermarket nearby.

Please don't give me the Kensington market argument. In a fantasy world we'd all have time to go marketing daily for the freshest foods to cook that day. But this is reality... Admit it you need your frozen PC products and lugging them 25 blocks in a snowstorm is going to be no fun for these tenants.

And the subway is no more convenient... Have you ever carried 8 grocery bags with melting ice cream on a crowded subway?

LOL!... Ice cream...

Yeah... when you're downtown you don't need a car (unless you work far away)...

Everything is within walking distance...

If not you have the TTC or the PATH walkway... legit

I've been using Grocery Gateway every week for 6 years, you order online, and they deliver at the time you request. Delivery is only $10 extra, food prices are the same as they are in the Longo's store.

I've been using Grocery Gateway every week for 6 years, you order online, and they deliver at the time you request. Delivery is only $10 extra, food prices are the same as they are in the Longo's store.

Cool... That's the price a cab would cost I suppose... And you don't need to wear boots!

:D

There's also a Metro two streets west of Spadina on Bloor, a Food Basics in the Manulife and out of your requested grid but a Loblaws Superstore at the bottom of Jarvis Street which is a quick cab ride away once or twice a month.

Just a question...

Between Bay and Spadina, Bloor and Lakeshore... Are there any run of the mill supermarkets like a Loblaws?

Living downtown I sold my car years ago, but the farthest I have lived from a supermarket is a few blocks. And the closest was right above one. I couldn't live any other way again! This building on University has no parking and no supermarket nearby.

Please don't give me the Kensington market argument. In a fantasy world we'd all have time to go marketing daily for the freshest foods to cook that day. But this is reality... Admit it you need your frozen PC products and lugging them 25 blocks in a snowstorm is going to be no fun for these tenants.

And the subway is no more convenient... Have you ever carried 8 grocery bags with melting ice cream on a crowded subway?

There is a Longos supermarket just 5 mins away, on Dundas, just west of Bay Street. Kensington Market is pretty close too.

Back