News   Mar 28, 2024
 262     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 245     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 284     0 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Urbancorp) - Real Estate -

I was over there a few months ago, most of the floorplans left weren't really desirable and the prices were pretty steep, but the area has been improving at a fast rate and I can see that being a hot place to live in a few years.

I was over there a few months ago, most of the floorplans left weren't really desirable and the prices were pretty steep, but the area has been improving at a fast rate and I can see that being a hot place to live in a few years.

Prices didn't seem too bad... 351k total for 2br 2bath 950 sq feet corner loft facing south after 5% credit

Yeah, urbancorp is ok. Not the best-looking designs, but my friend has a unit at electra and construction/build-quality is good. Interested to see how westside will turn out.

What about a resale at Merchandise? Roughly the same price.

Got a phone call from the sales office for Westside Lofts last night. Phase 2 (formerly The Curve), has been cancelled. I suspect the builder will re-launch in spring at a higher price per sq/ft, as Cresford did with Mode.

The Brokers Preview for Westside Lofts Phase2 (The Curve) is scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm...if anyone is interested let me know.

can any purchasers confirm if this is true?

when I spoke to the sales person inquiring about upgrade costs in WGL Phase 1, they say that tile upgrades are ~$150 per grade and handles only cost ~$100 to upgrade? sounds like a pretty good deal for 'upgrades' ... almost too good to be true

can any purchasers confirm if this is true?

when I spoke to the sales person inquiring about upgrade costs in WGL Phase 1, they say that tile upgrades are ~$150 per grade and handles only cost ~$100 to upgrade? sounds like a pretty good deal for 'upgrades' ... almost too good to be true

Cabinetry Handle upgrade - $370 Upgraded 1 level (only 2 levels to choose from)
Tile Upgrade Bathroom - $676 - Upgrade 2

For anyone else who wants to know, if you are planning to go with the builders hardwood floors, the options are less than impressive. There isnt a single finish of hardwood that is considered stylish. Also the upgrades on the Faucets are ridiculous. Kitchen faucet upgrade $650, and the upgrade to under mounted sink $950.

All the pricing was based on the square footage but its definitely not that inexpensive.

I was finishing up some amendments on my unit over Thanksgiving and was told the back splash first upgrade is under $200 - but I haven't done my selections for stuff yet so I don't know is that is true or not.

If anybody does not upgrade their back splash they are INSANE - the standard is quite possibly the ugliest thing ever - I know I will most definitely be upgrading that!

I was finishing up some amendments on my unit over Thanksgiving and was told the back splash first upgrade is under $200 - but I haven't done my selections for stuff yet so I don't know is that is true or not.

If anybody does not upgrade their back splash they are INSANE - the standard is quite possibly the ugliest thing ever - I know I will most definitely be upgrading that!

Seriously. When did this entire development go from cool and stylish to retirement home? I would be embarrassed to have those standard options. Upgrade 1 should be the standard at least. I also love how clueless the showroom staff is about the project.

Another thing, my fiance picked out an art piece as an early buyer and they have zero record of the painting or where it could be! We told them who the guy was who was there when she selected it and their reply was, "Well, he doesn't work here anymore so there's nothing we can do." Would any of you accept that as an answer? It's totally unacceptable how disorganized these people are. And they act like they do you such a HUGE favour to pick up a phone and try to sort something out. Is it not their job?

Another thing, my fiance picked out an art piece as an early buyer and they have zero record of the painting or where it could be! We told them who the guy was who was there when she selected it and their reply was, "Well, he doesn't work here anymore so there's nothing we can do." Would any of you accept that as an answer? It's totally unacceptable how disorganized these people are. And they act like they do you such a HUGE favour to pick up a phone and try to sort something out. Is it not their job?

Honestly, they are pretty damn awful. I have been told that all condo sales reps are like this, but i experienced the worst of it, when they sent out the revisions a couple months back, and i realized that my terrace was no longer there. Turns out the sales person who had sold me the unit based on said terrace said ooops, i was sure this one had one and that she was sorry. and then when I went in to my color selection, the "european" kitchen was gone. No built in stove, no cabinetry over the appliances. I found it funny that again something was sold on, i was now being told "sorry, get that out of your mind cause its gone"

Eek - it sounds as though, those who bought early in the game here have unfortunately had to deal with some major changes. I purchased just before they sold out Phase 1 a couple months ago so I went in for my selections last week without any surprises. I didn't find upgrades 1-2 unreasonable for most things - and I was happy that I didn't have to get a backsplash installed at all so I can do my own after moving in since their choices ranged from fug to overpriced.

Honestly, they are pretty damn awful. I have been told that all condo sales reps are like this, but i experienced the worst of it, when they sent out the revisions a couple months back, and i realized that my terrace was no longer there. Turns out the sales person who had sold me the unit based on said terrace said ooops, i was sure this one had one and that she was sorry. and then when I went in to my color selection, the "european" kitchen was gone. No built in stove, no cabinetry over the appliances. I found it funny that again something was sold on, i was now being told "sorry, get that out of your mind cause its gone"

what does your Agreement of Purchase and Sale state?
to be missing a terrace sounds like a material change ... what does the floorplan in your Agreement indicate - terrace or no terrace, etc?

what does your Agreement of Purchase and Sale state?
to be missing a terrace sounds like a material change ... what does the floorplan in your Agreement indicate - terrace or no terrace, etc?

It said terrace. and it was a material change. so they offered me the option to back out. That however would be a bad move considering what i would make if i just sold the place after it was completed. The did offer me small amount of money off the purchase price and extra money in upgrades, however I really wasn't all that happy with the settlement. It definitely was not worth what the value of a terrace at resale would be worth.

It said terrace. and it was a material change. so they offered me the option to back out. That however would be a bad move considering what i would make if i just sold the place after it was completed. The did offer me small amount of money off the purchase price and extra money in upgrades, however I really wasn't all that happy with the settlement. It definitely was not worth what the value of a terrace at resale would be worth.

Can you clarify this exactly? When you say terrace do you mean the balconies on some units?

Did they remove them??

Back