South Beach Condos & Lofts (Amexon Development Group) - Real Estate -

Good Investment?

Hi,

I am looking to buy a unit in this condo and I was wondering if guys feel it would be a good investment for the future. Also, which view you guys feel will be the most unobstructed and the best for the future?

South Beach Condos

Re: Construction process - I was there this week...The hole looks pretty much the same to me. :s
I hope all us purchasers will be in by 2012.

I recently purchased "The Collins" and I'm happy with my experience. Many members throughout this thread complain that what is seen in the sales centre in terms of finishes is not "standard" for the loft collection (2nd-10th floors). I bought an 8th floor loft (with gorgeous exposed ductwork) and I had no trouble negotiating in almost all the upgrades that are on display. Don't be shy with negotiating people... ;)

I recently purchased "The Collins" and I'm happy with my experience. Many members throughout this thread complain that what is seen in the sales centre in terms of finishes is not "standard" for the loft collection (2nd-10th floors). I bought an 8th floor loft (with gorgeous exposed ductwork) and I had no trouble negotiating in almost all the upgrades that are on display. Don't be shy with negotiating people... ;)

Agreed...I bought on the 3rd floor and was able to get almost all the upgrades thrown in.

South Beach Condos

@Swaybars - Glad to hear you got the upgrades too. :) I even got the decorated pillar thrown in. Apparently Phase 2 will be sold out in less than six months (already almost 70% sold). I'll be passing by the sales centre this weekend so if I come across any new info I'll be posting it here. Can't wait to move in!

@Hitman001 - It really depends on your price point, etc.
I personally think the Collins has a remarkable layout...so I bought it.
The oversized wrap around balcony sold me! (W/S/N views)
I will only have a slight lake (Marina) view (for god knows how long until something blocks it) but I undertstand that and don't mind. :)

I'd say stick with a corner unit. They are spacious, the outdoor space is plentiful and you will be able to sell these puppies at a premium. Mine is 1200 + sq. ft and the price I got it for is unheard of. Invest while you can!

@Swaybars - Glad to hear you got the upgrades too. :) I even got the decorated pillar thrown in. Apparently Phase 2 will be sold out in less than six months (already almost 70% sold). I'll be passing by the sales centre this weekend so if I come across any new info I'll be posting it here. Can't wait to move in!

Congratulations on your purchase! I thought the only difference between the lower floors and the higher floors (10 and up) was the marble flooring and walls in the bathrooms. What other suite features were offered in the higher floors and not in the lower ones?

@Mad Max - Thank you! Are you in Phase 1 or 2? Umm as far as I know you are right, the only difference in the higher floored suites (10 and higher) is the marble flooring. I personally didn't want it b/c it's a pain in the you know what when it comes to yearly sealing...marble is soooo porous. :(
Other than that, I think everyone who bought with SoBe is in for a nice treat, the suites can't be rivaled anywhere else in T.O. atm. :D :)

i was there yesterday too - very happy to see 20 cars parked outside. the sales centre was bustling with activity another good sign.

i bought a 15floor sagamore!! the first property of my life

What do you think about this view

phase 2
22nd floor , lido.

s/e/w view.

or go with a 7th floor corner, that faces cntower & water. i beleive south/east view [but you can see mr.christies if you look down..

what would you choose?

Last edited:
What do you think about this view

phase 2
22nd floor , lido.

s/e/w view.

or go with a 7th floor corner, that faces cntower & water. i beleive south/east view [but you can see mr.christies if you look down..

what would you choose?

I personally would take the lido, but I am a bit biased as I did buy a lido unit in the first phase. You will be facing the green courtyard in between the two buildings and have a view of the lake, a little city, Humber Bay, Mimico Creek and the first tower. However if you like being closer to the street and the view of the retail that is going in just below where your unit will be on the 7th floor, then you should go for the delano (really expensive), or one of the other smaller interior units on that side. The builder has already selected the type of retail going in including a SoBe Spa, a cafe, a restaurant, and a high-end food store. The builder will be managing the retail for the first few years I believe. I wouldn't worry too much about Mr.Christies, because of the wrap around balcony (the delano), you'll have plenty of different views of the city and the lake. The interior units will have more privacy as the balconies are recessed in between two structural walls of the building. I guess it all depends on what your preference is....street level retail or higher lake/city/creek type views.

i was there yesterday too - very happy to see 20 cars parked outside. the sales centre was bustling with activity another good sign.

i bought a 15floor sagamore!! the first property of my life

Welcome to SoBe mdshadman! I too bought my first property at South beach as well, an 8th floor Collins unit. :)

I am pleased to see that phase 2 is over 70% sold but I am disturbed by Onni planning to develop at the current Kraft/SNC building sites blocking our south lake views. Have you/anyone also heard about this and have current info? I've been reading into OMB docs but they are from 2006...who knows what has transpired since then...:s

Welcome to SoBe mdshadman! I too bought my first property at South beach as well, an 8th floor Collins unit. :)

I am pleased to see that phase 2 is over 70% sold but I am disturbed by Onni planning to develop at the current Kraft/SNC building sites blocking our south lake views. Have you/anyone also heard about this and have current info? I've been reading into OMB docs but they are from 2006...who knows what has transpired since then...:s

from what i read this onni building is going to be huge!

parklawnarea.jpg

"Its second task will be equally impressive – a project with 1,200 suites at Parklawn Avenue and Lakeshore Boulevard West in Etobicoke."
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real...t-feeling-is-no-longer-enough/article1334381/

quoted from tortoro
Regarding ONNI/MENKES

SUBJECT PROPERTY
The Land Services Group represented Menkes Development, a multi- disciplinary real estate development company, and AEW Capital Management, an international investment management firm headquartered in Boston, in the disposition of their site located at 2200 Lake Shore Boulevard West and 10 Park Lawn Road.
At the time of sale, the complex located at 2200 Lake Shore Blvd West held 22 office units and 14 storage units with lease terms expiring from June 2007 to June 2011 and was approximately 139,523 SF with a NOI (for 2007) of $1,600,000.
The complex located at 10 Park Lawn Road was leased to Kraft as one unit of office and one unit of storage with the lease expiring in July 2014. This building was approximately 53,705 SF and had a NOI in 2007 of $725,000.
This site has been approved for 1200 high density residential units and 195,365 square feet for commercial use. This property signifies a unique development, being one of the last remaining developable sites along the Etobicoke waterfront corridor.
OUR ROLE
Within the first several weeks a listing agreement was negotiated that provided incentives for CBRE if the team achieved a purchase price in excess of the initial valuation. During the negotiation of the listing agreement, the team assembled due diligence, built a marketing campaign and prepared offering materials. This property was offered for sale without an asking price via the Modified Tender Process. Interested proponents were asked to submit offers for this unique opportunity according to our Offering Process outlined in our Confidential Offering Memorandum (COM). In a six month period the Land Services Group received the listing, brought the property to market, shortlisted and negotiated a deal and lastly, completed the transaction.
OUTCOME
Through the Modified Tender Process, the Land Services Group produced a competitive bid process that generated multiple offers resulting in a successful acquisition by ONNI Group of Vancouver for $56 Million.

After reading this, I have no interest in any S facing units from SB. There's also a map somewhere, I couldn't find it at the moment which shows how the condos are being built, it is quite massive compared to SB. They are also taller than SB.

also more info..

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=10448

check this..
http://www.cbre.ca/NR/rdonlyres/7E7...3D3357502C/751850/2200Lakeshore10Parklawn.pdf

so reading all this, would it be wise to purchase a condo here in the 2nd phase [the only ones left] ?? opinions please

I am scared of buildings blocking my views.

1.onni building
2.nautilus http://www.monarchgroup.net/Community.aspx?CommunityID=429
3.waterscapes. http://www.monarchgroup.net/Community.aspx?CommunityID=463
4.beyond the sea. http://www.beyondtheseacondos.com/star4/html/building.php

here check this out you can see what i am talking about. http://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/Research/Etobicoke.aspx

should I be worried? they told me the land is higher that southbeach sits on and other buildings would only block my view by 2%.

any input?

Last edited:

Back