News   Apr 16, 2024
 560     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 438     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 795     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Someone better call Brian J. Patterson and the Ontario Safety League.

There's gravity everywhere in this town, and it must be stopped!

Personal responsibility is a real factor, yeah. But like I said, I think you have to assume that X% of people will act like idiots some of the time, and ask yourself as an architect, what I can I do to reduce the chances that acting like an idiot will prove fatal?

They should have balconies enclosed in glass, or even better, iron bars in case the X% of people like to sit on the balcony railings.

Seriously, safety measures can only go so far. At what point should we say it's enough?

While the accident is tragic, I may sound cold in saying it's not entirely non-deserving. The guy's 27 years old, not some young 11 year old kid. You are expected to use your head (ironic since he sort of did). The good thing that came out of this is he has set an example of what not to do. Hopefully, people will smarten up.

An individual acted stupidly and showed a lack of judgement, haven't we all been guilty of that at one time or another?? This person died and that is tragic. The joking here makes me feel ill.

They should have balconies enclosed in glass, or even better, iron bars in case the X% of people like to sit on the balcony railings.

I laid out some contributing factors above, TOBoy. Take the escalators at the Paramount / Scotiabank - this wouldn't have happened there. They designed the building in such a way that recognised that the escalators - rather than seeing a steady flow of patrons, would see crush loads at peak times. Also, that many of those patrons would be young, and more than a few under the influence.

Those escalators aren't padded or covered in iron bars. They're just not overly narrow, unidirectional, and hanging over an open space. If you get rowdy on a packed elevator and fall off one, not much happens. That's not being safety-mad, that's just good design: it doesn't create unnecessary risks, and it doesn't get in the way.

No, these are the actions of an idiot, who thankfully didn't take anyone else with him.
Personal responsibility, not excuses for idiots!

Thank-you for your contribution.

If you get rowdy on a packed elevator and fall off one, not much happens.

You don't seem to know what an elevator is, or looks like.....but thank you for your contribution.

You'd think CityTV would get it right being as they move into the area next week, but oh no. They reported this sad incident as happening at the "Dundas Square AMC movie theatre".

You simply cannot stop people from falling off things...or else every balcony in every Toronto highrise would be enclosed in chicken wire.
And please don't anyone suggest that to the City Council or that will be the next ugly eyesore to go along with the Bloor Viaduct concentration camp addition.
People fall down. Some don't get up.
I feel for this guy's family but someone should have pointed out to him as a child the dangers of living on a planet with a fairly strong gravitational pull.

It's a sad incident. Even if they put railings up to stop stupid fools from sitting on the hand rails people will still fall down the escalators, i saw a couple people tumble down the escalator at the Eaton Centre a few years back luckily the escalator wasn't packed with people or it could have been a lot worse.

You all need to stop joking about this. Whether this person was being foolish or not, this is not funny.

Back