Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

Walking by the site, I overheard a couple who appeared to be in their mid-50s talking about how surprised to see those "weird, ugly triangles" on the building they bought a unit in so long ago, how cheap it looked, and nothing like the render.

Now, the building is nowhere near finished, but had I bought a unit in CrystalBlu I'd be a little weary too.

So long ago:confused: reading yor post you would think it was 20 years ago.:rolleyes: Lets wait till this building is finished before getting to weary.

So long ago were their words, not mine.

Time will tell! If anything, it's exciting to see how it will all turn out.

Crystal Blu condo construction in Toronto
July 23, 2009

130.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Work continues on the Crystal Blu condominiums on Balmuto Street in Toronto, Ont. Bazis International Inc. is the owner/general contractor of the 35 storey, 135-unit project.

Completion has been scheduled for January 2010 and the architect is R Varacalli Architect Inc. Consultants are: Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural);

http://www.dcnonl.com/article/id34633

Completion January 2010? What are they smoking. CASA isn't supposed to have first occupancy until December how on earth do they figure this is only 1 month behind? CASA is just about ready to have the crane pulled.

Yuck, the precast they're using looks bland, typical and cheap. But what should I have really expected?

The stone looks great though.

And how this building differs much from the rendering (enough for that couple to notice) is hard for me to understand.

Often buildings are different from the renderings and SO FAR, this building seems quite close.

And I'm an observant person! But no, things will never look as good as the rendering if that's what that couple was trying to get at.

Completion January 2010? What are they smoking. CASA isn't supposed to have first occupancy until December how on earth do they figure this is only 1 month behind? CASA is just about ready to have the crane pulled.

Let's remember it saids "scheduled completion" ... being totally unconfirmed and entirely subject to delays (unrealistic too as you have noted) ... LOL :D

August 6 2009 update

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

The Not So Pretty Back Side - in conjuction to Uptown there's a lot of beige precast back here
IMG_1442.jpg

A Less Seen Angle
IMG_1443.jpg

The Future Outdoor Pool + Amenities on the 3rd Floor
IMG_1444.jpg

Not sure why exactly, but Crystal Blu seems to be the project I'm most curious about now. I suppose it could be because I'm anxious about how the podium will be changed from the renders. (And unless they change the hoarding, passersby on Balmuto St. will be able to see the old rendering right up against how it is actually turning out).

DSCN4930.jpg

DSCN4931.jpg

^And on another note, isn't there some sort of a Yonge Street BIA? Those low rises (Crown Optical, CashMoney, etc) could be beautiful buildings with a good hose-down and re-painting and detailing.

I'd prefer that "Shops on Hayden" low rise though to be met with a wrecking ball.

^ Perhaps, but the retro vertical signage definitely stays.

I think that section of Yonge is in a BIA Bermuda Triangle: too far south of the Bloor-Yorkville one, and too far north from the Downtown Yonge BIA.

It is part of the Yorkville BIA though. It even has their streetlamps and street signage.

I love how that strip of Yonge is in the Yorkville area yet has such a big-city, sexy gritty feel to it. I love how CASA, BSN, Uptown and CrystalBlu will add a nice fresh touch though :)

^And on another note, isn't there some sort of a Yonge Street BIA? Those low rises (Crown Optical, CashMoney, etc) could be beautiful buildings with a good hose-down and re-painting and detailing.

I'd prefer that "Shops on Hayden" low rise though to be met with a wrecking ball.

The building to the south of "Cash Money" has decorative brickwork collapsing to the street from the top of the third floor, so sad (and dangerous). We discussed this recently in the Yonge Street thread

This one looks like it's nearing the half-way mark.

I'm loving the crystal cutout sections int he cladding!

they are on the 16th floor, 20 more to go. Does any one know what will be the height once its completed?

Back