News   Mar 28, 2024
 225     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 613     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 373     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

The first office skyscraper in 20 years... and it's invisible!!!

great!!

sany0323.jpg

I thought 2 Queen Street East took that title ~

Nonetheless I'm happy to see BAC now gracing the Toronto skyline ...

So when is the KPMG signage going up? RBC managed to put theirs up long before the building was complete...

You mean the homeless bathing area? How does that take the place of a water feature as focal point in the BA plaza? Its like saying, no need for fountains at Yonge-Dundas Square b/c there's some at Nathan Phillips Square. (I'm not mad at you but at the developers.)

I wasn't saying that I liked the absence of a water feature. I was just replying to another post asking if there was going to be one.

Still no sign of what the surface treatment for the ground level area of the footprint of BAC2 will be like. Waterproofing, etc. has been ongoing in this area for the last couple of weeks. The surface may turn out to be rather underwhelming, as there don't appear to be enough granite pavers on-site to cover it. Looks like there is just enough to finish off the main plaza areas. Anyone taking bets on gravel and chain link fence?:eek:

Last edited:

great!!

sany0323.jpg

Those sun shades on the Four Seasons don't do it any favours

So when is the KPMG signage going up? RBC managed to put theirs up long before the building was complete...

The first application for signage was refused by the city. That was for the signs to be placed at the top of each corner of the building. The new app. is below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: Sign Permit Status: Inspection

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 09 109514 SGN 00 SP Issued Date: Mar 10, 2009

Project: First Party Permanent

Description: << The location of signs: Wall Sign >>SIGN PERMIT for 4 first party illuminated fascia signs on all ellevations on uppermost storey attached to mechanical penthouse wall - KPMG - SEE 08 224782 ZPR

SP Sign Inspection Apr 6, 2009
Inspection Coletti, Dino Contact Info

The Globe & Mail's "Report on Business" magazine is celebrating its 25th year in publication. In the magazine there are before and after pictures of Toronto, downtown Toronto 25 years ago and today. What a difference! And the Bay Adelaide Centre looks quite distinguished.

Back