News   Mar 28, 2024
 941     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 536     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 832     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

June 9

3612737384_628253c136_b.jpg

This building does a really great job at blending in with it's surroundings. You could almost look at it and think it's always sort of been there. In a way that is good, even though I'd still prefer something more iconic and bold.

From the photos above, it appears that they finally took down the test curtain wall on the back of the adjacent entrance to the parking garage (it was still there when I walked by last week). I wonder if that structure will be getting sprcied up at all so as not to look quite so out of place next to the new plaza?

^Something is being done, as one of the pillars on the side facing Adelaide is being stripped and refinished. Maybe the entire thing will be walled in a bit more - or maybe not. In addition, just north of that parking entrance structure at the extreme east of the site there is a new flight of stairs down into the concourse level that has now had a structure erected over it. The area outside and around that flight of stairs looks like it's being prepped for a nice surface treatment. I was wondering if an outdoor restaurant seating area was going to be installed along the lines of that at Jump.

Thanks for the information, 41 -- that all sounds tremendously promising, I'll have to walk by on my way home from work tonight. I had been worried that the lot next to the plaza would be covered in gravel and surrounded by chain-link fence until the next buidling boom, as Brookfield has done north of Temperance beside the Cloud Garden. I am thrilled to hear that they might actually do something a little more inspired!

^ My pleasure. But watch us all get disappointed when it's just an additional fire escape exit or something else mundane, but necessary, like that.;)

More photos of the plaza east of BA today from The Cloud Garden

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Stitched pano. (no, BA isn't falling over...)

There's also a Winners on Bloor W. smack dab in the middle of all those high end shops.

Back