News   Apr 25, 2024
 347     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Minto Spring (Mto Gdns Ph II) (Yonge/Sheppard, 33s, P+S/IBI Group) COMPLETE

From the best of my knowledge, some of those houses on the north side of Anndale are going to be torn down to make the road. Apparently Menkes owns most of those houses and leases them out in the interim. I am on the Board at Cosmo and we have regular construction update meetings with Minto regarding the Spring site.

Blue

Oh interesting. Where is Anndale Dr meant to come out on Yonge? Perhaps where the current exit from Metro is? With the P&G building exit / lighted intersection right beside it, it's already a bit of a traffic headache... a through road could turn that into a complete disaster.

Annadale Drive Extension Alignment

as noted above ~

NYC_SW_ringroad.jpg

Thanks Solaris that was very helpful.

I chuckle a little bit when I see that diagram. I'm sure the planner who designed it wished the real world acted a bit more like SimCity and they could just bulldoze the whole area and start fresh.

Starting from Sheppard Ave & the redesigned Tradewind Ave intersection.. you basically have to get rid of everything slightly to the west of Bonnigton Place. Mainly just old homes, but on the corner at Sheppard there are little businesses running out of the homes (accountants & lawyers I believe).

Then you still have Bonnington Place running parrallel to the new extension of Tradewind. Not sure you can squish much in there housing wise so I guess it becomes a grass strip (similar to what they've done further north on Dorris).

This all feeds down to Avondale which is already nuts during the rush hours (getting longer each day it seems). Since this is part of the ring road, I guess its aim is to alleviate pressure from Yonge. This may solve some of the northbound traffic problems but it's not going to do anything to fix the southbound problems. Southbound most of the traffic is trying to get to the 401. It's pretty much concentrating the choke point to the Avondale/Yonge intersection.

Back to Anndale Dr.. the distance between the townhouses of Spring and the Cosmo buildings will make things a little tight for that stretch of the road. Coming out at Yonge St expanding the intersection makes sense but I'm not quite sure how they will handle the east side where you will have east/west lanes for the P&G building and Anndale drive in the same set of traffic lights. And of course all of that is dependent on the Tridel Hullmark Centre actually getting built at some point.

That's a lot of changes for a very small area :)

Anndale Extention

Does anybody know when they are going to start rerouting Doris and Anndale?

Designer

Page & Steele Architects are behind Spring @ Minto Gardens

MODs ... is this appropriate given it is part of North York City Centre??

Spring @ Minto Gardens (NYCC, Minto, 33s, P+S)

project website: http://www.mintogardens.com/

thanks for that much need update ... and welcome to UT LeonSKennedy ~

WOW I'm impressed by how quickly Minto Spring is shooting up, 2 months ago they were only on the 3rd floor ... go Minto go !! :D

May 29, 2009
Sure thing, here is a picture I took a few minutes ago

On a side note, I believe this site is part of North York City Centre (NYCC) just like Hullmark Centre, Emerald Park, Avonshire, and Savvy?

Municipal address for Minto Spring has been confirmed as 23 Sheppard Avenue East.

MODs, just a thought ... :)
Minto Spring (NYCC, 23 Sheppard Ave E, Minto, 33s, P+S)

Thanks. I've always loved this site. It was perfect when I was procrastinating at work :).

Here's a proper update ...

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

I counted 13 floors as of July 30th, 2009.

wow ... brown tinted glass that echoes Minto Radiance (phase 1) ... I like ~ Minto Spring looking good !!

Thanks for the great pics LeonSKennedy ...

Daily Commercial News

Moving upward on Minto Gardens in North York, Ontario
September 30, 2009

150.jpg

HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING

Things are on the rise at the Spring at the Minto Gardens condominium and townhouse project in North York, Ont.

Minto Communities Inc. has completion of the 33-storey building, with 326 units and 16 townhouses, scheduled for the end of 2010. The project was designed by Page & Steele Inc. and IBI Group Architects.

Consultants are: Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural); Hidi Rae Consulting Engineers Inc. (mechanical/electrical); and NAK Design Group (landscape).

Subtrades include: Anpro Excavating & Grading Ltd.; Shor-Cais Foundation Ltd.; Salit Steel (rebar); Torino Drywall Systems; Resform Construction Ltd.; Sterling Carpet & Tile; Duron Ontario Ltd. (waterproofing); Allan Window Systems Ltd.; and Triumph Roofing.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/article/id35520

October 12 2009 update

Minto Gardens 1 (Radiance) paired with Minto Gardens 2 (Spring)

Minto Spring on the 27th floor ~

These are some nice dark brown tinted windows

Work moving along on Spring @ Minto Gardens in North York, Ontario

120.jpg

HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING

Construction continues on the Spring @ Minto Gardens condominium and townhouse project in North York, Ont. Minto Communities Inc. has completion of the 33-storey building - which includes 326 units and 16 townhouses - scheduled for the end of 2010.

The project was designed by Page & Steele Inc. and IBI Group Architects.

Consultants are: Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural); Hidi Rae Consulting Engineers Inc. (mechanical/electrical); and NAK Design Group (landscape).

Subtrades include: Anpro Excavating & Grading Ltd.; Shor-Cais Foundation Ltd.; Salit Steel (rebar); Torino Drywall Systems; Resform Construction Ltd.; Sterling Carpet & Tile; Duron Ontario Ltd. (waterproofing); Allan Window Systems Ltd.; and Triumph Roofing.

Back