News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.2K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Toronto: One Of The Top Ten Most Photographed Cities In The World

christof53

Member Bio
Reaction score
This was featured on www.digg.com earlier today, I thought it was pretty neat.
Life.com took the statistics of the number of tags related to cities around the world on flickr and composed a top ten list.

http://www.life.com/image/dv676066/in-gallery/26111/the-ten-most-photographed-cities

Also, here is the list if the link goes down.

#10 Toronto 1.7 million
#9 Barcelona 1.85 million
#8 Berlin 1.88 million
#7 Seattle 2.2 million
#6 Tokyo 2.6 million
#5 Chicago 2.7 million
#4 San Francisco 3.3 million
#3 Paris 4.1 million
#2 New York City 5.4 million
#1 London 5.5 million

lol...

Were they searching for communities that post and tag in other languages as well? I wouldn't think so...
Asia is really camera happy and with their massive populations I would think that Tokyo would probably destroy every city on the planet in terms of being the most "photographed". Still cool to see Toronto on the list.

Doady, if Flickr sucks, then sucking must be pretty freakin' excellent. There is no better online photography community than Flickr.

I am happy to be doing my part in boasting Toronto's stats on Flickr.

I am happy to be doing my part in boasting Toronto's stats on Flickr.

Hear, hear!

i've been using flickr since i got my first digital camera and will keep using it. some people think that it has gone down in quality since yahoo bought it, but i see no difference. you just have to know what groups to join and who to have as your contacts to minimize visual spam in your comments section and inbox.

Last edited:
Toronto: In the top ten of most photographed cities...

Everyone: I can fully understand why Toronto is in the top ten of most photographed cities-it's very photogenic!

Just look here at UT in the City Photos section and enjoy-I have! LI MIKE

Back