Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

What looks out of place?

Yonge St.

Do you have eyes?!
All city block just south of Bloor is begging for demolition . It should be incorporated as a podium in the future highrise development on the South-West corner of Younge & Bloor.

Do you have eyes?!
All city block just south of Bloor is begging for demolition . It should be incorporated as a podium in the future highrise development on the South-West corner of Younge & Bloor.

I have two eyes with 20-20 vision, you?
I see dozens upon dozens of great looking buildings that give Yonge Street it's charactor. Some are forgettable, others could simply use some TLC and many look terrific. What do you want, a mile long stretch of Toronto Life Square on each side?
Further, you'd never see half of the types of unique shops and eateries that line this stretch inside a high rent mall or quasi-TLS type affair.
New buildings near Yonge Street such as Casa, X, BSN, Murano, Uptown, Blu etc. will add plenty of new shoppers to the area. Yonge Street will continue to evolve but for heavens sake don't go advocating bulldozing one of Toronto's most unique streets lined with dozens of 19th century buildings. We've lost enough of our heritage in this city already.

Young St.

I'm for heritage peservation too, but most ( with 2 or 3 exceptions) of the sructures on THIS city block have nothing to do with heritage . They are cheap , shabby and out of scale even with 3-4 storey neigboring heritage buildings...

Joyonge at Yonge/St. Joseph is one of the better proposals for Yonge St. since it will incorporate the facades and probably existing structures, while building the tower inset from the street.

Taken earlier today:

Picture004-1.jpg

May 12th Update

From Balmuto Street

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back