Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

Interesting... Does anybody know how many units are currently under construction and completed? Given approximately 7500 units in total for the completed version of Cityplace, this would (assuming that the number is accurate) give us the approximate number of units in Signature, and hence a rough idea of its size. If the resulting implied number of units in Signature is indeed twice that of the larger existing Cityplace buildings, then who knows, that render might be not too far off the mark.

I dont think that you can make any calculations at the moment, cause rumour has it that Concord Adex has purchased a couple more lots just north of Panorama for a future development. Lets wait and see what comes out of all this.

How pathetic are we? Getting excited over a cake based architectural model? :p

I hope this project isn't scaled back due to the economy.

haven't heard anything about this? is this still ready to be built, it starts after parade is finished im pretty sure

haven't heard anything about this? is this still ready to be built, it starts after parade is finished im pretty sure

No it won't. The tower has to be designed before it can go into sales before finally entering construction. Neither of the first two steps have been taken yet and probably won't for some time.

The tower will no doubt also be given an actual name. "Signature tower" just means "centrepiece tower" or "dominant tower", and I suspect it is a placeholder for the building name prior to it being given a marketing name.

Your guess for its eventual name is as good as mine. Given the existing names -- Parade, Panorama, Luna, Montage, Harbourview Estates, N1/N2, Apex, West One, Matrix -- I see a significant preference for two-syllable names.

I'll go with "Summit" for its eventual name.

i'm really hoping this gets built, even if its 217m like most rumours had said the same hight as bay adelaide so it would be like haveing a Skinnier bay adelaide on our famous waterfront skyline. some rumours have also said a 260m range with the spire as on skyscrapercity so thats like having another td center (not the black ones the gray one) in our city. the only problem i have with this is that the site where its getting built is on my jays parking lot.:D

Considering all the suspense and build up that they're putting us all through, I really hope it ends up being something stunning. I never get my hopes too high for anything, but you never know, perhaps they'll make us eat our words.

There's actually a total of at least seven buildings in Toronto that feature "Summit" in their names - but there's clearly no law on re-use of building names.

How about "Zenith"? That's like "Summit", and two syllables. Or "Pinnacle", although that's three syllables.

I think they'll call it Paralympic Tower.

Why do I think this? No reason, I just do.

Last edited:
the only problem i have with this is that the site where its getting built is on my jays parking lot.:D

huh? it's gonna replace the current cityplace sales center... which has a grand total of like 20 spots... and i think those are only for sales center visitors... :confused:

Back