Toronto CityPlace: Canoe Landing Community Centre & Schools | 15.85m | 3s | City of Toronto | ZAS Architects

And zoning can change over time - there' no guarantee of a view unless the lots in front are built-out - and even then, smaller buildings can be demolished and redeveloped.

afterall these are Concord Adex sales people that you are talking to ... they wouldn't undermine their Cityplace buildings until there are signs/pictures posted on the Block 31 site

Why would sales people have any knowledge of some background planning work being done by someone that isn't associated with Concord Adex?

Also West One was completed long ago, so they wouldn't be undermining any potential sales - it's almost certain they just don't have a clue what's going on with that site.

The only gauranteed views in the city are if you a looking straight down a road, adjacent to a large park or directly on the waterfront.

I agree that Concord Adex staff would probably not know about other developer's project (planning) statuses ... but a experienced sales person should know the surrounding context to their project and convey accurate information to potential purchasers, when they don't know for certain, statements like those Davin got from the sales office should not be made ... they should have said 'we are not sure'

...I went into the Cityplace sales center about a week ago and was reassured that there will be no tower blocking my view from the west side of West one.

while construction of West One is completed, Concord Adex actually still have units for sale in that complex ... assuming sales staff knew about the Block 31 proposal, they would in fact be undermining their sales potential given Block 31 would affect views from WestOne, N1/N2, Montage, and Luna

and of course I totally agree with you that no views are garenteed in the City unless you are abutting public right-of-ways (roads, parks, lake)

I agree that Concord Adex staff would probably not know about other developer's project (planning) statuses ... but a experienced sales person should know the surrounding context to their project and convey accurate information to potential purchasers, when they don't know for certain, statements like those Davin got from the sales office should not be made ... they should have said 'we are not sure'

lol x 10. First, most aren't all that experienced. Second, they will tell you what you want to hear to make the sale. Real estate sales and the truth shall never meet.

Nov. 1

nothing really happening, but nonetheless

DSC03781.jpg

I don't think that any of the digging on that sight have to do with the development of it. It seems like they have just been using the dirt in that hole to form hills in the park.

The last four pages of this document have site plans for Block 31. Bad news for WestOne residents, there's definitely a 35s tower involved (105m).

Link

Because the document is so slow, could someone take out the images and post them? Thanks.

Sorry...It's not a definite figure, just a rough calculation.

The drawing indicates that there will be 9 suites per floor, divided by the 300 units which are planned for the site equals around 33. Add two floors of mechanical and you have a 35s building. Charlie Condos is 107m or something like that and it's 36 stories. Lop off a floor and a couple of meters and you have my 105m calculation.

I could be completely off though - the document is more than a year old.

Rezoning application submitted May 28

OPA / Rezoning -- 09 142634 STE 20 OZ -- 419 BREMNER BLVD -- May 28, 2009 -- Application Submitted -- May 28, 2009 -- Ward-20 South-District -- Residential Apartments -- 16675m2 (proposed non-residential GFA) -- 35115m2 (proposed residential GFA) -- 51791m2 (proposed total GFA) -- 322 (proposed units) -- 12229m2 (lot size) --- --- Phipps, Sarah
(416) 392-7622

Rezoning appplication to permit the vacant parcel of lands located on Block 31 of the Railway lands- being part 1 on Plan 66R 16838 to be rezoned for the purposes of a mixed use building containing 322 affordable housing units, 2 schools (TDSB and TDCSB), a community centre and daycare centre.

From City of Toronto Planning Applications (enter address in search boxes)

Last edited:
The firm I work for (Blackwell Bowick) is doing the engineering on this project and having seen the revised renders, I can only say that this development continues the excellent standards set by aA and TCHC in Regents Park.

The rezoning application also includes two schools, a community centre and daycare centre in addition to the previously mentioned 322-affordable housing units,

Back