News   Apr 19, 2024
 263     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 534     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 899     3 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

Shops at Don Mills

If you guys haven't heard. A new mall is opening in Toronto on Apr 22.
Its the reconstruction of the Don Mills Centre (Don Mills and Lawrence).
Its an open-air mall, so no roof. Its not like a traditional mall, almost like a mix between a suburb plaza and a mall.

This is their directory:
NOW OPEN

Restaurants
Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill
Anthony’s

Services
Royal Bank
TD Canada Trust

Supermarkets
Metro

OPENING SOON

Fast Food
Pizza Pizza

Restaurants
Glow, by Rose Reisman
Joey’s Grill & Lounge
Linda, by Salad King
Prairie Ink
Footwear
Aldo
Browns
First
Madison
Town Shoes

Specialty Food
LCBO
Teaopia
Jewellery
Symphony Diamonds

Supermarkets
mcewan
Leather & Luggage
Coach

Children’s Apparel
Gymboree
MexxKids

Specialty Apparel
Change
Heath & Beauty
Aphrodite Spa
Barba Grooming and Spa
Your Good Heath

Ladies Apparel
Anthropologie
Aritzia
Banana Republic
BCBG Max Azria
Denise
Mendocino
Melanie Lyne
Olsen Europe
Spanner
Tristan
Your Choice
Personal Care & Health Services
Lenscrafters Optique

Books & News
McNally Robinson Booksellers

Electronics & Telephones
Bell World
Telus

Men’s Apparel
Barbuti Fine Men's Clothing
Housewares, Home Furnishing & Décor
Ko’s Linen & Gift Shop

Unisex Apparel
Calvin Klein
Eddie Bauer
Guess
Mexx
Tommy Hilfiger
Services
Royal LePage

Sporting Goods & Athletic Wear
New Balance
Salomon

Doesn't sound too bad.

Interesting to note that the article states that Toronto's first Burberry store will be opening at Yorkdale, and not Yorkville.

I think the plan was always to have two stores in TO. One in Yorkdale and another in Yorkville. The Yorkville store can't be ready until at least fall. Cole Haan has to move back to its old location first!

interesting, how did you find out abt Boss and Kors opening there? Doesn't seem to say on the company websites or the don mills coming soon directory?

Boss and Kors

interesting, how did you find out abt Boss and Kors opening there? Doesn't seem to say on the company websites or the don mills coming soon directory?

I went there today and saw two stores: one saying Michael Kors "comming Soon" and the other Hugo Boss "coming Soon"

Very nice mall. Love the whole community, village feel. I predict huge crowds on warm spring and summer days! it would be perfect!

Burberry

Interesting to note that the article states that Toronto's first Burberry store will be opening at Yorkdale, and not Yorkville.

From what I hear, insiders say Burberry has already made an application to the City for a flagship store on Bloor. Supposedly, its where the temporary Cole Haan store (where most stores have temporary locations while renovating). Apparently, burberry is so impatient to move in, Cole Haan's left already before they were supposed to.

I'm glad Burberry made the choice for Yorkville. One single yorkdale location would make me Very unhapy. It loses all credibility to me. Hugo Boss is also openign a Flagship on bloor and Dior is scouting locations on the Mink Mile as well.
Check The Yorkville Scene for Info

Pizzaiolo in King West is coming along...

img49501.jpg

I visited Lou Dawg's Southern Sandwiches at King & Portland last night (www.loudawgs.com). It was great! They've been open about three weeks.

Not sure If its been posted yet, but there is a Burberry store opening at Yorkdale Shopping Mall (according to Yorkdale's website) in fall 2009. This, and the Burberry on Bloor makes 2 for sure, what ever happened to the rumours of a store in the Eaton Centre? I can't see Burberry having a need for 3 stores in Toronto, after all even New York only has 2 Burberry stores, London has 4. Can Toronto sustain 3?

Not sure If its been posted yet, but there is a Burberry store opening at Yorkdale Shopping Mall (according to Yorkdale's website) in fall 2009. This, and the Burberry on Bloor makes 2 for sure, what ever happened to the rumours of a store in the Eaton Centre? I can't see Burberry having a need for 3 stores in Toronto, after all even New York only has 2 Burberry stores, London has 4. Can Toronto sustain 3?

Eaton Centre is too close to Bloor for a Burberry. And it also isn't as high-end of a mall - EC is probably half to one notch below Yorkdale (at least), IMHO anyway....

Burberry at Eaton's

Eaton Centre is too close to Bloor for a Burberry. And it also isn't as high-end of a mall - EC is probably half to one notch below Yorkdale (at least), IMHO anyway....

I'm pretty sure that was a rumour from like a year ago. Yonge and Dundas is definitely NOT upscale enough to house one. If burberry wanted to add more stores (which I cannot see them doing), it would probably be at sherway or shops at don mills. Maybe a burberry outlet at vaughan mills?

Back