News   Mar 28, 2024
 635     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 918     0 

should i invest into L tower?

plugk

Member Bio
Reaction score
should i buy this L tower from the original buyer? should i take over it at the original price? there is someone want to sell it to me at the original price, he just want his deposit back. he brought this unit 2 years ago. thanks

if you plan on living in it as your home then i guess it depends if you like it. if it's for an investment then i would think you could find better places to park your money than real estate right now. i know i keep saying this but condos do not make great re investments... i keep saying this on this forum so i'm starting to sound like a broken record.

How much per square feet? which floor?

in the high high floor, view of the city and lake.

the sales office currently selling at $585 per sf. at the lowest floor, no view, no parking and no locker, the one i'm planning to buy approx. at the same price per sf. but with parking, locker, views, high high floor. it is so attractive...

the sales office currently selling at $585 per sf. at the lowest floor, no view, no parking and no locker, the one i'm planning to buy approx. at the same price per sf. but with parking, locker, views, high high floor. it is so attractive...

Are you flush with cash?

Go ahead and buy it, then give me a call when you desperately need cash and i'll offer you $.25/$1 to help you unload it. :p

How many floors are in between your prospect unit and the one's the developer is selling at $585 PSF?

Can you confirm what the price premium is per floor with same exposure, etc?

How much are the parking spot and locker costs from the developer?

It'll be a long long time before this is finished (if it's finished), so if you have the liquidity, then go for it. By the time it's done, you'll still be down a bit probably, but within 3-4 years you should see some nice appreciation and it's location makes it a good place to rent. Although at that price you better have 50% down to see any sort of return.

if it's facing south depending on how high you are, you might get blocked. I see a parking lot and Toronto Star building right after the railways. Not sure if they will develop that. Beside that is 18 yonge. Then there's the GO building project. And in front of them is Pinnacle buildings.

Defining Investments

should i buy this L tower from the original buyer? should i take over it at the original price? there is someone want to sell it to me at the original price, he just want his deposit back. he brought this unit 2 years ago. thanks

Plugk: what is your definition of investing? the discussion here mentions several options (buying at lower price, renting, appreciation, etc).

From my experience not all ppl think of "investing" using same terms, so what would make great "investment" for one, may not be the case for the next person looking at the same opportunity.

I said "no" because if you're seeking a good return, why not buy a centrally located house for a good price--say Winter 2009-2010--for 20% discount? 5 years from now, if/when L tower is occupied, it could seem tacky/dated, a product of the 00's condo boom, just like 80's condos seemed dated by 1995.

An investor tip: If you have doubts stay out!

How many floors are in between your prospect unit and the one's the developer is selling at $585 PSF?

Can you confirm what the price premium is per floor with same exposure, etc?

How much are the parking spot and locker costs from the developer?

approx. 40th floor

premium per floor approx. $1000-1500 per floor

parking $35000, locker $4500 on waiting list

Back