News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     3 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 461     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Corktown

WDL on King

A lot of information on the planned WDL development can be found on the WDL website: http://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/dyna...1b01&third=442c3d68acd91&fourth=442f437db90e2

River Square will be the first part to be developed--the area east of St. Lawrence St. and south of King. Two buildings will front on King and each will be ~8 storeys with retail at grade. The buildings will have stepbacks, and one will sprout a ~14 storey tower above. Though the WDL plan calls for some towers, they are all small footprint (800 sq m max) so they should have a slender appearance.

I've attached some screen caps from the PDF (click to enlarge).
RS1.jpg

RS2.jpg

RS3.JPG

RS4.jpg

RS5.jpg

Attachments

• RS1.jpg
    RS1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 399
  • RS2.jpg
    RS2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 346
  • RS3.JPG
    RS3.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 372
  • RS5.jpg
    RS5.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 368
  • RS4.jpg
    RS4.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
I've checked out the Waterfront Toronto PDF's before. I was just curious if there were any more design plans for phase one. I guess that website is the closest we're getting for now.

Does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumour that a fenced in, off leash dog park is being created within the parkette between the two off ramps at Trinity and Richmond?

Does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumour that a fenced in, off leash dog park is being created within the parkette between the two off ramps at Trinity and Richmond?

Do you mean Power and Richmond? Trinity terminates in the north at King. If so, I'm guessing you mean right here. Hopefully this is true, as currently it's relatively unused and the city just lets it grow wild during the summer. I also see a lot of vagrants hanging about, bugging me for change when I need to walk to the convenience store. I know it's a city and all, and I don't like to be a nose-turned-up 'ew homeless people' type person, but they do get bloody annoying with repeated encounters throughout the day.

A bit out of nowhere, but I am thoroughly convinced that Bright St. is one of the greatest residential streets in Toronto. I now use it exclusively when getting north to Queen from King on my Beer Store trips. Stepping onto it is like stepping into another century in an old European town. Even on a cold night when no one's around, it manages to feel warm and inviting.

Bright St., is a true Toronto treasure. I've sketched that street so many times over the last 6 years, it never tires.

Ts & Ks:
Ummmmm........No. King street IS a major street and to say anything otherwise is to rob it of its great name and long heritage. I don't care where it is. And isn't King/Roncy, literally 2 steps from Queen/Roncy...do those two streets not sorta meet up right at the same spot???

King St. East of Parliament DOES become much sleepier than Queen and its a DAMN shame... it definitely should not stay sleepy....why on earth would we want a major street such as King...which basically carries you through the artery of the downtown core to remain sleepy? Not that we need to model ourselves after NY but can you imagine if 42nd decided to become sleepy?

Toronto is a world class city...(whether people inside or out of TO want to admit it or not..) its here. Let's treat it with respect and give it recognition it so richly deserves......

LOL
;)

wait a sec, your name is "real estate girl" and you don't care where it becomes a non-major street? gimme a break.

A bit out of nowhere, but I am thoroughly convinced that Bright St. is one of the greatest residential streets in Toronto. I now use it exclusively when getting north to Queen from King on my Beer Store trips. Stepping onto it is like stepping into another century in an old European town. Even on a cold night when no one's around, it manages to feel warm and inviting.

One of my favourites too. Nearby Wascana Street as well, for the same reasons.

One of my favourites too. Nearby Wascana Street as well, for the same reasons.

Woohoo Wascana!

Before the infill townhomes [Link1] were built in 1986, there was a hotel/boarding house catering to sailors (?) at the corner of Fee Pl. and Wascana. I wonder what the street's vibe was like back then, no? [more Wascana weirdness Link2 Link3 ]

Wilkins Ave and Ashby Place are super cool too, with special bizarro awards going out to 8 Bright Street and Lower Sumach.

Last edited:
Joan Burt did a nice job with Wilkins, and I'm glad she's finally getting the public recognition she deserves for renovating older homes ( particularly the existing stock of row houses ) in the '60s and '70s - when they were faced with demolition.

Did she do both sides of the street? I found it odd that one side has been stuccoed, and the other bricked. Also, the west side (not my side, unfortunately) all got third floor additions, while only two on the east have them. Either way, it's a brilliant little street.

"Joan Burt did a nice job with Wilkins, and I'm glad she's finally getting the public recognition she deserves for renovating older homes ( particularly the existing stock of row houses ) in the '60s and '70s - when they were faced with demolition."

Could you guys explain a little more? Who is Joan Burt and what did she do on Wilkins? Did she reno all the homes? when?

Back