Toronto Luna at Concord CityPlace | 125.88m | 38s | Concord Adex | Core Architects

yep good idea, though I do make note that the wall isnt simply a blank expanse of flat concrete, but rather has a random rectangular patterning to it. All I'm saying is it could be worse... I do like the way that wall cleans up the rail corridor in any case.

Great photos, CSW!

Thanks Grey.

I agree, the wall could use some paint but Redroom makes a good point. It is more than a blank wall and the semi-random pattern has a sharp, clean look to it. I just hope that graffiti artists keep their paws off this one.

Plantings of ivy would do well here, noting its a northern exposure.

Would it be like at Chicago's Wrigley Field, where the wall would be green in the summer, and brown in the winter? Or maybe in winter they can set up tarp printed with a brick pattern on it in the winter like at the NHL Winter Classic.

wrigley-field-in-chicago-outfield-fence.jpg

The skyline looks really interesting from this intersection, especially looking south down Spadina (as above). The huge contrast in building materials and massing/heights combined with just enough distance to appear foggy like a mirage in the right weather. Freed's buildings looking west on King have the same effect.

When it's really foggy out and your viewing distance is reduced, Cityplace disappears and it feels like you're in Olde Tyme Toronto.

Back