News   Apr 24, 2024
 384     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 425     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 775     1 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

How is it bulky! It's so thin ... sure it's wide but even that side manages to look amazing ... The fact the building looks like the center is inset / cut out.

But yes *hopefully* ... knocking on wood ... ritz will be better.

Ya i like it too alot of people say its bulky but i think its a pretty good design.

For a really "bulky" view of the RBC Centre, check out the tower from Bathurst and Dundas (from a southbound Bathurst streetcar).

How is it bulky! It's so thin ... sure it's wide but even that side manages to look amazing ... The fact the building looks like the center is inset / cut out.

But yes *hopefully* ... knocking on wood ... ritz will be better.

I was talking about the veiw from the front, but ya its very skinny from the side.

From rbccentre.ca

Construction continues on schedule. Curtain wall installation in the tower will be completed. The glass enclosure for the Lantern at the top of the building will be started. Elevator installation continues in the high rise, mid rise and service elevator banks. Mechanical and electrical trades continue with their rough ins throughout the tower floors including lighting, fire alarm and sprinkler systems. Installation of access flooring in the typical office floor areas proceed up the building on levels 13, 14 and 15. Installation of access flooring in the podium will be completed to level 8. Finishes in the podium floor washrooms will be completed. Ground floor glazing will be complete as will the curtain wall for the feature stair. The ground floor lobby stone flooring will commence. The Ritz-Carlton will pour the 19th, 20th, and 21st floor slab and begin forming and pouring the 22nd loor slab.

Construction_Image1-20081130.jpg

Construction_Image2-20081130.jpg

4DEC10-08027.jpg

6DEC10-08030.jpg

3DEC10-08026.jpg

2DEC10-08024.jpg

5DEC10-08028.jpg

6aDEC10-08061.jpg

5aDEC10-08060.jpg

Here are a number of pics I took, including some close-ups of the lantern. I can't wait to see that lantern lit up at night. I hope they use really top quality lighting. I was not expecting this on top but it's a nice, little surprise. We need more light and colour in our skyline but slowly, it's getting there.

from Mollywood at SSC!!

I wonder if that gap in the lantern is going to remain like that.

It realy is an amazing building, and I can't wait for it to be completed.

I was wondering the same thing too but if you look at the second last pic it looks like there are what, 3 or 4 vertical metal brackets stacked closed together like an accordian (just before the gap starts). It looks like those brackets might be stretched out or pulled apart to close the gap.

Back