Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

So that poster's been up since 2005? I must be crazy, as it was just the other day I noticed it, for the first time. I walk/bike along Adelaide several times a week, I guess I'm not so attentive while doing so.

They really should take that poster down.

It should be donated to the Urban Toronto Museum, Pudong Wing.

The sign for the first proposal is still there as well. That one must date to 2000. It was to be called First Toronto Tower. Harry then bought the site and came up with Downtown Plaza (no sign for it) which then morphed into Sapphire.

Any updated news on this proposal for "Israeli Developer Plans 51s multi-use Tower", plans or details of any sort?

Yikes, that rendering is still up there?? *hides head in the sand*

They should just wall it up. Then in, like, a hundred years, future generations will look upon it wistfully just as we do when we see a fading relic of an advertisement on a warehouse that hawks hair tonics or Heintzmann Pianos.

The Committee of Adjustment for T and EY is looking at THIS in December..

66 TEMPERANCE ST
File Number: A1000/08TEY Zoning CR T12.0 C8.0 R11.7 and
Site Specific By-law 149-
2002 (PPR)
Owner(s): SKYLINE 66 TEMPERANCE
INC
[
Ward: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
(28)
Agent: FRASER MILNER CASGRAIN
LLP
Property Address: 66 TEMPERANCE ST Community:
Legal Description: PLAN TSCP 1509 PT TOWN LOTS 5 AND 6
*** REVISED ***
PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To construct a 54-storey 52-storey (plus three levels of mechanical penthouses) mixed-use building consisting
of: five levels of below-grade parking; 18 office floors; eight hotel floors occupied by 160 hotel rooms; 16
residential floors occupied by 182 residential dwelling units; conference floors and lobbies.

See: http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/cofa_tey_agenda_a_3dec08.pdf

Will they actually build???

The Committee of Adjustment for T and EY is looking at THIS in December..

66 TEMPERANCE ST
File Number: A1000/08TEY Zoning CR T12.0 C8.0 R11.7 and
Site Specific By-law 149-
2002 (PPR)
Owner(s): SKYLINE 66 TEMPERANCE
INC
[
Ward: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
(28)
Agent: FRASER MILNER CASGRAIN
LLP
Property Address: 66 TEMPERANCE ST Community:
Legal Description: PLAN TSCP 1509 PT TOWN LOTS 5 AND 6
*** REVISED ***
PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To construct a 54-storey 52-storey (plus three levels of mechanical penthouses) mixed-use building consisting
of: five levels of below-grade parking; 18 office floors; eight hotel floors occupied by 160 hotel rooms; 16
residential floors occupied by 182 residential dwelling units; conference floors and lobbies.

See: http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/cofa_tey_agenda_a_3dec08.pdf

Will they actually build???

Would you even go to the committiee of adjustments if you had no intentions to build?

The land might be worth more if it already has zoning in place for later development.

That said, a mixed use building like that must be easier to get financing for than a single use building. I don't think it would be very hard to lease out 18 storeys of office space, 16 storeys of condos shouldn't be impossible to sell, and an 8 storey hotel isn't exactly an overwhelming project

maybe fire separation (VOID gap) floors in between?

How does that add up to 54 floors?

5 parking
18 office
8 hotel
16 condos
3 mechanical

That's still only 50 floors.

The pdf document actually says 52 floors. The "54 floors" has a strikeout line through it and the formatting didn't survive the copy-&-paste journey to the forum. That's why it reads, "To construct a 54-storey 52-storey building."

Where is this suppose to be built "66 TEMPERANCE ST" ?

Isn't that directly North of the BA building on Bay?, maybe I'm confused what's there right now? Looking at the location there already seems to be buildings there?

Back