News   May 17, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Twenty Gothic (High Park, Monarch, 8s, &Co)

Oct. 17

2950137537_9c604e4e83.jpg
2950150379_850f88ab62.jpg

2950150383_6378b0bb7f.jpg

I've been informed by the developer that this south facing wall - at the base they have planted vines/ivey, which will eventually overgrow this entire wall. I'm happy about that, because it will allow the building to blend in better with the 1920's ish walk-up apartments a block up the street along Bloor.

I think the yellow-ish brick wasn't the smartest choice, but a very dark brick on this structure would have dated it quickly, in my opinion.

I'll try posting some more complete photos of the front, it is a much nicer view.

K

DSC00513.jpg

The residential floors seem alright. I can imagine the brick on the walkup in the foreground being similar in colour when it was new.

Wondering

I think there's space for a phase 2 infront of the building--facing the H.P subway entrance (Eastside.) Townhouses or another condo here?

I've actually also been wondering what they will do with that space on the east side of the building. I'm not sure if the space is big enough for another condo, though...
Will it be just some landscaping, a garden, something else?

Has anyone heard anything about the plans for this space?

I've actually also been wondering what they will do with that space on the east side of the building. I'm not sure if the space is big enough for another condo, though...
Will it be just some landscaping, a garden, something else?

Has anyone heard anything about the plans for this space?

It will be developed as a public space / park. I understand (I think noted earlier in this thread) that it was negotiate between the builder and the city.

Yes. The space east of the building is to be a public park. They have the City of Toronto 'Tree Protection Program' fences around the large, old trees on the site. Once construction is completed, a lovely green space will be (re)developed. Lucky for those with East views. Nice to hear about the vines and plantings on the south parkade wall. This is in keeping with the green aspect of the High Park neighbourhood. Could someone please post pictures of the front of the building (Gothic Ave.) ? Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, I also confirmed with folks on site that the area east of the building at the corner of Quebec and Gothic will in fact be a community park.

As for front shots, all I have is this for now http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1053769&l=887ca&id=512324020

It's a closeup of the front entrance - lobby and garage door. I will need to find some time when it's not dark out (by the time I get home from work) to snap a new one.

K

Thank you! This building has a cool, '60s vibe to it. There is a circular driveway, no? It looks a lot better from the front.

Thank you! This building has a cool, '60s vibe to it. There is a circular driveway, no? It looks a lot better from the front.

Yes, a circular driveway out front, enter from the right, then past the front door and then turn right into the garage or left back to gothic ave.

k

Thanks for the north side photos. I'm not sure how "60s" it is, though. I would have preferred to see a bit more red brick, but that's a preference I have for many buildings, particularly in older neighbourhoods. Overall, this will be a good addition to the neighbourhood.

'L' - shaped buildings are not that common these days. The front terrace is a nice touch, too.

Back